PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Jeep today?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

4x4Dalton
11-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Been havin a bad vibration in front end since me and Matt took winch off and put it on his jeep. Guess the weight loss didn't agree with it. Thought at first it was tires maybe threw a weight so swapped them out with another set I had. That didn't help. So today I put the 32's back on. Swapped out trac bar with a adjustable one the other night with Jim's help. That didn't get rid of vib. So me and Matt have it narrowed down to wheel bearings have gone. Front right has play in it. That's on tap for Friday plus a few extras. Stay tuned.........

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)

Dredwolf
11-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Got it "stranded" in the yard thanks to what I hope is a failed CPS.:bang:

MIGHT actually get to work on it before the meal tomorrow.

XJ Wheeler
11-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Been havin a bad vibration in front end since me and Matt took winch off and put it on his jeep. Guess the weight loss didn't agree with it. Thought at first it was tires maybe threw a weight so swapped them out with another set I had. That didn't help. So today I put the 32's back on. Swapped out trac bar with a adjustable one the other night with Jim's help. That didn't get rid of vib. So me and Matt have it narrowed down to wheel bearings have gone. Front right has play in it. That's on tap for Friday plus a few extras. Stay tuned.........

Have you checked the alignment? I wonder if removing the weight raised the front end enough to cause the issue. I know it wouldn't be much but its worth a look.

XJ Wheeler
11-22-2012, 12:55 AM
182.5 or so

I must be losing my mind. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what you were talking about, took me all of nine hours to figure it out. :rolleye0012: Now that i have, thanks!

cantab27
11-22-2012, 02:55 AM
check ya front drive shaft bear.....

Carves
11-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Ohhhh ... the shame .... :o :o

green XJ bling on a red XJ .....

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/GreenBling01b.jpg

:D:D

... and currently working through some wiring mods, changes & upgrades to a few things ... So theres a pile of plastic trims and dash panels, boxes of cable and 12v odds & sods - piled up in the back of it ... :rolleyes:

4x4Dalton
11-22-2012, 07:33 AM
check ya front drive shaft bear.....

That was another issue I had Sunday. Drivin down the road I heard a loud BANG pulled over as soon as I heard it. Got out looked underneath and rear drive shaft u joint at rear end exploded. So took front shaft out put it in the rear and drove home. Put new u joint in other one and reinstalled.

gary63
11-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I must be losing my mind. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what you were talking about, took me all of nine hours to figure it out. :rolleye0012: Now that i have, thanks!

will you ask what we thought your temp. was nice gages.

XJ Wheeler
11-22-2012, 03:02 PM
will you ask what we thought your temp. was nice gages.

Thanks! Yeah i finally got that.:)

bluedragon436
11-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Well not today, but yesterday I swapped my speedo gears to a 30 tooth gear and new O-ring, and boy is it nice to have a speedo that reads accurately again, and on top of that and more importantly an odometer that reads correctly again...

XJ Wheeler
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Well not today, but yesterday I swapped my speedo gears to a 30 tooth gear and new O-ring, and boy is it nice to have a speedo that reads accurately again, and on top of that and more importantly an odometer that reads correctly again...

James, you're back at home?

Dredwolf
11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Changed the coolant sensor, and finally pulled all the jerry-rigged wiring for the CB by the PO.....they drilled TWO 1/2" holes in the passenger floorboard for the hot lead for the CB and PA wires:crazy: I duct taped the holes until I can pull the mat and insulation and maybe fiberglass the holes.

All connections were "twist and tape" :bang:, the grounds were bare copper wrapped around a bolt or screw and cranked down.

I pulled out all that mess and found were they had tossed a satellite radio adapter in the dash too.

My A/C controls are missing a hose on the top connection for the function selector, I am hoping its just in the dash somewhere.

Carves
11-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Changed the coolant sensor, and finally pulled all the jerry-rigged wiring for the CB by the PO.....they drilled TWO 1/2" holes in the passenger floorboard for the hot lead for the CB and PA wires:crazy: I duct taped the holes until I can pull the mat and insulation and maybe fiberglass the holes.

All connections were "twist and tape" :bang:, the grounds were bare copper wrapped around a bolt or screw and cranked down.

I pulled out all that mess and found were they had tossed a satellite radio adapter in the dash too.

My A/C controls are missing a hose on the top connection for the function selector, I am hoping its just in the dash somewhere.

I look at my wiring jobs and frown sometimes ... Glad theres worse out there tho ... :D

Did a little XJ electrical tinkering myself today ... Wished I wasnt so fond of that self amalgamating tape ... tis a bugger to get off - if you want to make changes ... :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/PDCPlay20b.jpg

Dredwolf
11-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I look at my wiring jobs and frown sometimes ... Glad theres worse out there tho ... :D

Did a little XJ electrical tinkering myself today ... Wished I wasnt so fond of that self amalgamating tape ... tis a bugger to get off - if you want to make changes ... :D

Love that stuff....I keep that, the 3M "33" tape and the "88" tape in my vehicle wiring kit, along with the heat shrink and weather-tight connectors.

I have got to fuse the new headlight harness, and build some sort of decent power distribution block for accessories...PO did the "skin and twist" splice on one of the "12v outlet splitters" ....that fell OUT of the dash when I pulled the knee panel under the column.:sign0055:

I should have known I was going to see this stuff when the first electrical connection I found was wrapped with duct tape.

Carves
11-23-2012, 12:35 AM
... and build some sort of decent power distribution block for accessories...

Good Luck with that ...

As of today ... I've given up on trying to do this anymore ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/DualFusebox01.jpg

Have combed the car wreckers and cant find any brand OE fusebox/PDC I like ... so I'll just end up using the spare fuse slots in the original and a relay rack alongside it methinks ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/RelayRack.jpg

I'm looking at using the spare PDC in the rear ... for trailer wiring relays, 12v supply to the camper/fridge/whatever ...

.... and of course - the OE trailer wiring harness connections are in the left rear ... and that wasted space in the plastic trim is in the rear right .. :rolleyes::rolleyes: .. :D

cantab27
11-23-2012, 12:41 AM
just got more bad news on mine.......gonna shoot it..

4x4Dalton
11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Why Wayne?

cantab27
11-23-2012, 01:34 AM
front diff housing bent..gotta pull it fix it ,,weld all brackets for new arms on it...gonna shoot it

gary63
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
do you wish you had your xj back

bluedragon436
11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
James, you're back at home?

I'm back at base in DE... I wish I was at home in SC!! Yeah I ordered the speedo gear for the XJ so it would be here waiting when I got home, and I installed it within a few hours of getting home... figure I had put it off long enough with getting it and installng it..

cantab27
11-23-2012, 10:48 AM
do you wish you had your xj back

not really ,,same front ends anyways ..weak as :D:D:D

reason i went with the tj is the chassis factor.....with the wheeling i'm doing now i would of had to do so much more on the xj..was gonna cost way to much $$$$$.....will own another xj one day as a dd......

chicks dig xj...........shame its only there queer brothers who wave to me in the tj....:mock::D

XJNoob
11-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Decided to add trailer wiring but could not get anything but trailer lights to work. Then I figured out why, the xj tail/brake have been converted to LED that only has a 4 wire system, in which a trailer 5 to 4 way sister was used. Now I have 2, 5 to 4 way splitters, one for the rear lights and one for the trailer. It's messy but it works :)

Atleast afterward me and the family got to go up in the Sierras and see done snow. Do it didn't take up the whole day.

4x4Dalton
11-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Well me and Matt worked on my vibration problem. Well Matt had it figured out before he got there lol. Seems one of the clips on the rear end yoke had broken off causing all the troubles. So we swapped it out after a few rounds of LFH persuasion :) then installed drop shackles in rear so the jeeps no longer lookin likes doin #2. Lol. Test drove it and rides smooth and feels better now that rear ends up. All and all a good 3 hour lil work out.

Dredwolf
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Had a few hours to dig into the dash further.......

:mad0090:
Why do people use speaker wire to extend power circuits, then tape the twisted together connections with duct tape?!?

I'll post some pics tomorrow, but I dug our a whole mess of satellite radio connections, cables for amps, just a huge mess. The "dead" radio was a blown fuse (but the AUX function was the only thing that worked once I replaced the fuse and tracked down the bare wire). PO went to the trouble to install component auto speakers in the doors and back, but apparently had a toddler wire it.

Bought a connection kit and a cheap Dual "solid-state" head unit, and got everything wired back up, but decided on crimp connectors instead of solder and heat shrink at this point, will see how this head unit works once I load some MP3's on a SD card.

Will need a mild bass solution though, maybe a small amp.

gajeepguy
11-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Cap, rotor and wires on order. Advanced did not have the cap and rotor in stock with brass connections rather than aluminum so I ordered online

Got cap wires and rotor today. Got a tune up kit from rock auto. Received in 2 days, and $28 shipped. Brass contacts, quality wire, includes dielectric grease, cap screws and wire loom as well.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/24/4amytagy.jpg

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Carves
11-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Got a little side tracked trying to get this finished ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/Centre%20Console/BrakeController10b.jpg

... but at least now I dont have a wobbly console anymore ... damn corrugated roads rattling screws out .. :D:D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/Centre%20Console/LooseConsole01b.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/Centre%20Console/LooseConsole02b.jpg

and the console rear vent, works a bit better now that the broken up, styrofoam coffee cup fitted by chrysler ... has been replaced with some proper foam .. :rolleyes:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/Centre%20Console/DuctingRepair01b.jpg

aquickmopar
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I was able to install (2) new Timken Front Hub Bearings yesterday and also Plast Dipped my Classic II's Black.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/2012-11-22_18-24-35_78.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/2012-11-24_17-09-50_569.jpg

Brasscatz
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Very nice! I love Plasti-Dip!

aquickmopar
11-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks. Ya me too. Thinking about Plasti Dipping from the body line up Flat White on the jeep. And leaving from the bodyline down bedlined flat black.

Carves
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Jammed all the tools, electrical bits and trims in the back and slammed the tailgate ...

.... all the time wondering ....

Would a weather forecaster make much money ... Betting on horse races ????? .. :rolleyes:

:D:D

Dredwolf
11-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Finished up the radio install and dash cabling clean-up...And installed a new CPS, and pulled the pending codes...

Lots of stuff wired like this...

http://www.xjtalk.com/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=3347

Pulled a lot of this stuff out....

http://www.xjtalk.com/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=3346

And installed the digital media only Dual head unit....I kinda like the idea of no CD player in the XJ..
http://www.xjtalk.com/picture.php?albumid=429&pictureid=3345

Because the Dual is lacking a CD player, its very shallow, so I decided to leave the cables full-length for now, and crimp instead of solder. I did heat-shrink all the unused connections in white to ID them easier.

Sounds decent with the 5.25 speakers, but I am going to have to do something with maybe a 8" or 10" shallow sub, or maybe seal the door speakers better, they are only attached with two screws...

Dredwolf
11-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Got up this morning, and of course, checked e-mail and the forums. and found a thread where someone mentioned that while 5.25" speakers are the standard, late model XJ's may can fit 6.5" speakers...

hmmmm.....dug out a pair of Pioneer 6.5" that were never used for another project, and popped a door panel and the real speaker grilles....THEY FIT!! and at least 2 of the factory mounting holes line up.:D

http://i.minus.com/i0b2JhWREe6SR.JPG

Pull the over-priced component speakers from the doors..http://i.minus.com/ibiZ9pczlhTFXU.JPG

Advance Auto had a "order online, pick up at store" discount for today for the newer version of the 6.5" Pioneer's I already had, so $40 got me another pair of polymer cone 2-way speakers.

Got to clean up that wiring..
http://i.minus.com/i4LtLYiGSeLZg.JPG

I used a combination of soldering, crimped connections (heat-shrink over) and heat-shrink weather-proof connections in the doors, and quality audio crimp connections in the rear. I left the component tweeter in the front doors, the whole system sounds a lot better with the higher efficiency 6.5" speakers.

The set of Pioneers in the back drop to 31Hz versus 35Hz for the fronts, and both are 91dB sensitivity...vs the 85dB sensitivity for the 5.25" component speakers installed by the PO. But there are signs all in this XJ that at least two high wattage amps were installed, so with all that extra power, the sensitivity did not matter as much, I guess.

Bass is a lot a better, sound is a lot "fuller". The rear speakers need some sealing up of that enclosure to hit a little harder, but I'll wait until I get the headliner done. I think if I can pick a decent small amp, I'll fab a sealed box for the cubby and add a 8" shallow sub and call it done.

4.3LXJ
11-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Nothing like good tunes for your ride

Dredwolf
11-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Nothing like good tunes for your ride

Indeed...I may be a grandpa now, and my music tastes are even broader, but it was nice to crank up some AC/DC in the black XJ :D

Which of course meant I had to go flex it out to see if the final fender trimming and Doug's new Flat Flares worked like I wanted.

http://i.minus.com/iIv6GDh2IoVQM.JPG

Its not the best looking XJ out there, but its mine, and I like those flat flares.

http://i.minus.com/i0ZdcTf8ynvUI.JPG

Carves
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Cleaned up the drivers door switch ...

Now those annoying chimes work allllllll the time ... :rolleyes: .. :D ...

Still doesnt turn on interior lights tho ... :mad:

... and the smell of rubber and howling tyres indicates the campers, new brake controller works on the max setting .. :D ... Slows down the XJ nicely on the lower settings.

editedforsafety
11-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Bought some oil and a filter, even though it doesn't need an oil change for a while. Figured I'd be much more likely to do it when the time comes if I already had the stuff. Oil was on sale, and I have some spare money.

denverd1
11-26-2012, 08:51 AM
looks good Dredwolf!! I may have to check those out if I ever put flares on.

TimmyTXJ
11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I FINALLY got the Jeep to pass safety inspections!! It only took 4 attempts but my little rig is 100% street legal now. I spent all weekend tooling around with the windows down, some good tunes on the radio, and a HUGE grin on my face. :D

Brasscatz
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I FINALLY got the Jeep to pass safety inspections!! It only took 4 attempts but my little rig is 100% street legal now. I spent all weekend tooling around with the windows down, some good tunes on the radio, and a HUGE grin on my face. :D

Glad to see ya on here, buddy! I was worried I scared you off after you helped me with my motor mounts :D

What all did you have to do to get it to pass?

TimmyTXJ
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Glad to see ya on here, buddy! I was worried I scared you off after you helped me with my motor mounts :D

What all did you have to do to get it to pass?

Me? Scared off by working on a Jeep? Never!! I've been busy with getting my Jeep up to snuff. To be fair, it took four attempts only because the dyno was down at the place I get my inspections done. I've already done quite a bit to get the Jeep ready, in the end it failed for gas cap and turn signal. Gas cap was easy enough to fix... just bought a new one. I traced the turn signal to a broken ground wire at the rear turn signal, a little bit of solder and I was good to go!

Brasscatz
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Me? Scared off by working on a Jeep? Never!! I've been busy with getting my Jeep up to snuff. To be fair, it took four attempts only because the dyno was down at the place I get my inspections done. I've already done quite a bit to get the Jeep ready, in the end it failed for gas cap and turn signal. Gas cap was easy enough to fix... just bought a new one. I traced the turn signal to a broken ground wire at the rear turn signal, a little bit of solder and I was good to go!

Nice! Don't forget you got a helper not far away if ya need me

prcjeep
11-27-2012, 02:23 PM

My inspection has been out since 12/11. my exhaust needs lots of attention for me to pass. glad you got yours legal

4x4Dalton
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
My inspection has been out since 12/11. my exhaust needs lots of attention for me to pass. glad you got yours legal

Lots of attention? More like a exorcism to explain how that happened lol.

editedforsafety
11-27-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm glad Michigan doesn't have that inspection business. My last car would have never made it!

Carves
11-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Finally got rid of the hitch hiker ....

:D

Fairly harmless little bugger ... but I hate all spiders .. ;);)

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Electrical/Spider05b.jpg

nickxj94
11-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Put some 2 inch bb spacers on the front to level my Jeep back up from the heavy duty bumper and winch combo. 912913

Carves
11-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Washed and Vacced it ... and the camper ...

Filled em both full of camping junk and food ready for 3pm departure in 105* weather .....

That damn creek better have some water in it this weekend .... :D

thesupercroc
11-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Bought 6 rims but...... they were from a wj :( 5.5 bolt pattern not not 5.4.5 :(

I will be able to take them back to get my money so it is not that big of a deal.

Brasscatz
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Bought 6 rims but...... they were from a wj :( 5.5 bolt pattern not not 5.4.5 :(

I will be able to take them back to get my money so it is not that big of a deal.

I think they make adapters that you can buy and still use the wheels. I seem to remember msmoorenburg using some on his build.

thesupercroc
11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I think they make adapters that you can buy and still use the wheels. I seem to remember msmoorenburg using some on his build.

at a later day that might be some thing to do but for now i will stay with 5x4.5 bolt pattern

Dredwolf
11-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Nuthin'

:sad0147:

thesupercroc
11-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Nuthin'

:sad0147:

:mock::mock::mock:

at least get out check the fluids.

89Laredo
11-30-2012, 01:31 PM
When I get out of work I'm buying PB, cutoff wheels, etc.
Then having a friend help me stuff a 8 8 in the hatch, and getting everything around to lift it tomorrow.

NW99XJ
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
For the first time since I have owned my Jeep I noticed that the intermittent windshield wiper switch functions in the reverse of what it is marked for.....
I think I have entered....... the twilight zone.....

4.3LXJ
11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
You just have a dyslexic switch :D

Dredwolf
11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
or a lysdexic switch.....:smiley-laughing021:

Carves
12-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Loaded it up and headed back ...

Weathers way too hot to enjoy the weekend. :mad:

Little XJ was happy enough tho ... considering I was thinking a new fanclutch might be required.

100* ambient

195* coolant temp
150* AW4 temp

all at 65mph with a 1/2 ton pimple on its butt .... :D

cpttuna
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I adjusted the low beams. A lot of people have been flashing me at night recently. The best part doing the adjustment was that I found my cell phone which had been missing for the last two weeks. I had left it on the extension ladder in the garage.

cantab27
12-01-2012, 08:23 PM
lol cell phone found...win win bro

thesupercroc
12-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I sliced the overhead console wiring harness!

it took forever but i got it done!

4x4Dalton
12-02-2012, 04:10 AM
I replaced shifter in mine. Had to modify one of the clips but it went fairly smooth other then that. Also checked and filled axles with fluid. Was gettin a goin over a wooden bridge type sound from front end and figured the axle was low. Sure enough it was. Now no sound :)

89Laredo
12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Took over 12hrs to get this far...
Can't do front till next weekend.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/4ehyzysu.jpg

Joliet Johnny
12-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I received a letter in the mail telling me I paid it off and now have the title.:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Brasscatz
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I cleaned out the trash. Then I cleaned the trash out of my wife's Jeep. I didn't want to stop there, so I cleaned and rearranged my garage. Much better now :D

Dredwolf
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Started changing lift components in the front....:D

Out with the old, in with the new.....

http://i.minus.com/iuwZh7KIzVwVt.JPG

Hmmm, Rusty's shock not pressurized anymore....wonder if these control arms will work...not too bad....

http://i.minus.com/izxm0aqW5GHPM.JPG

Until I found....

http://i.minus.com/iAHixhGwXqOgf.JPG
:bang:

:sign0055: :smiley-angry021:

Grind and weld time...and order parts.....

nickxj94
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Hung some Christmas lights on it for the Christmas parade me and my group is in tomorrow night.
http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg523/nickxj94/120212194020.jpg

89Laredo
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
8.8 swap and lift.
Took about 13 hours to do the rear, anything that could go wrong did.
Shackle bolts wouldnt come out, cut them.
Front leaf bolts wouldnt come out, broke the weld nut when we finally got enough torque on it with a 4way and 3ft cheater bar. Cut the leaves off and then the rubber bushing to get to the bolt. Was covered in sticky rubber.
Had to cut rear brake line and reflare. Its short but will work for now.
Had a hell of a time getting the leaves to line up (we put the ubolts on first, so we had to align the axle at the same time), Lots of swearing, prying and beating with a hammer.
Disk brakes are awesome, full time posi traction (welded) is awesome.
Lifting the rear was NOT awesome.
My 3" lift turned into 6", Apparently the guy that I bought the rear springs from didnt know what he had, he told me they were 3" but apparently theyre 4. I have to run a 2" block or I cant get the top caliper bolt out, gonna see if a 1" will work so I can bring it down to 5"... Im at 12" from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame rail, Im really hoping it settles over the next couple days, but I doubt it since they were used leaves.

Youd think Id be happy about the surprise of more lift, but Im not.
It means my shocks I bought (JK) wont work, I need more front end parts, bigger tires, regear eventually, etc. I dont have the money floating around for all that at once so Ill have to pick the most important stuff first.

...And I get to drive around with no shocks in the rear and no front lift for a week.

Brasscatz
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Ouch man, that's rough. I kinda like the inclined look though :D Makes it look fast ;)

4.3LXJ
12-02-2012, 10:58 PM
It was called "rake" back in the day

Dredwolf
12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
It was called "rake" back in the day

Unless you had a set of extended shackles on the Chevelle/Nova, you weren't anything.:D

cj4a nz
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
right I am holding everyone on here responsible for the incident that took place at my place tonight
I jacked up the front left wheel chocked thwe chassis and axle with rated axle stands removed the tyre, spacer ,drum ,brake shoes, hub and bearings cleaned all the rubbish out that been there for 2+ years and reassembled smacked head twice not ^%#$&% happy

removed said axle stands and redid the same process on the other side off came the hub brown horrible water drippled out :mad0029: then upon cleaser look both bearing are rusted solid:bang: so up for 2 new bearings and a new seal

I blame the lot of you for making me feel like I am ingnoring my jeep and made me

1 smack my head twice

2 find and have to replace my rusty bearing

if you all didn't do maintaince on your jeeps I would still be blissfully unaware I had a problem and happy driving it

grump over thanks guy's and gal's
new years resolution must do more preventive maintince:cheerleader:

4.3LXJ
12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
You big grump!

Warren you can prevent a lot of that on those hubs by completely, I mean completely filling the hub air space with grease. Preferably waterproof grease. That way when you hit the cool water contracting air will not pull water in. We did that and never had a problem afterwards back in the day.

editedforsafety
12-04-2012, 06:18 PM
My exhaust pipe rotted out at the muffler inlet today. I knew I had a leak in the muffler, and it got louder a few days ago, so I figured that pinhole turned into a bigger hole. I guess I was wrong, because the muffler started dragging when I was going to post office.

I rigged it up with a bungee cord I had and an old windshield wiper blade to get it home.

I was going to replace it myself, but I called a shop and they quoted me $90 to supply and weld on a new muffler. I hate paying for repairs, but I can't weld and the price isn't terrible. I value my spare time at about $20 an hour, and probably more in winter, so I figure it's worth it. Taking it in tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure how I justify sitting around for a few hours waiting for it to be done, though.

Brasscatz
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
My exhaust pipe rotted out at the muffler inlet today. I knew I had a leak in the muffler, and it got louder a few days ago, so I figured that pinhole turned into a bigger hole. I guess I was wrong, because the muffler started dragging when I was going to post office.

I rigged it up with a bungee cord I had and an old windshield wiper blade to get it home.

I was going to replace it myself, but I called a shop and they quoted me $90 to supply and weld on a new muffler. I hate paying for repairs, but I can't weld and the price isn't terrible. I value my spare time at about $20 an hour, and probably more in winter, so I figure it's worth it. Taking it in tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure how I justify sitting around for a few hours waiting for it to be done, though.

Just make sure you take a laptop or use your cell phone to surf xjTalk while you're waiting :D You'll be "contributing" to your Jeep that way

editedforsafety
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Just make sure you take a laptop or use your cell phone to surf xjTalk while you're waiting :D You'll be "contributing" to your Jeep that way

Desktop, and a phone with no data plan. Better bring a book.

Carves
12-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Fitted another tennis ball on the towball earlier today ... since the other one went missing .. :confused:

Found the missing one tonight ...

............. In the dog kennel .. :rolleyes:

editedforsafety
12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
About 40 minutes at the shop and $30 later, my exhaust is whole again. I'm glad I didn't try messing with it myself, it would have cost me more and been not as good..

I think I need to remind myself sometimes that it's better to let someone else do repairs if I'm not equipped to do them properly myself.

XJ Wheeler
12-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Came home yesterday to find something waiting for me.

If anybody remembers i got that Optima battery and used a coupon code that came with a $50 coupon for a future order over $100. I used that to get a few things, trying to be sensible.

One of the things had to be shipped and that's what was in the package. A B&M transmission cooler. Its the 70268 stacked plate super cooler. The way i figured it, Advance had them for $65.99 minus $50 coupon equals $15.99. I'm liking these coupon deals.:D

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-04194224.jpg

Now, just if i had the jeep to put it on.:rolleyes:

editedforsafety
12-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I had a pretty rough start this evening, so I think a new battery might be in order. Luckily my cousin can get me an Optima at 30% off this weekend.

Dredwolf
12-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Tried to source front shocks to match the Rough Country/Hecklethorn 9000's in the rear...not having much luck.:bang:

It seems Rough Country has discontinued the 9000's for the "N2.0" shock, BUT you can only get them as part of a kit?:confused:

Side note, tried the website "real time chat".....:brokenpic:

Not very productive.

dagr8tim
12-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Started it for the first time in a month or two and let it run for 10 minutes. At that point, the heat was luke warm, but both heater hoses were very warm to the touch. Me thinks the blend door is broken.

Mudderoy
12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Began the installation of the DirtBoundOffroad 3 fan kit. Finish up with the electrical tomorrow.

nickxj94
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Drove it in the 3rd Christmas parade this week got one more next Saturday then its time for some wheeling its been awhile lol
my jeepin buds flexin for the crowds we were a big hit and made it on the local news :D

nickxj94
12-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Love a dvr! Lol. 970

OrangeXJ
12-09-2012, 07:18 AM
I went to a Marine Corps toys for tots benfit yesterday and got do something I have been wanting to for years got to drive over 4 cars like a monster truck will post pic's when I get them

bluedragon436
12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Somehow, not real sure how, completely on accident.. managed to get my factory keyless entry to honk the horn when the doors are locked... so now I have verification that they are locked without having to physically check the doors... Still thinking about picking up an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start setup though... hate the stupid cold winters here...

editedforsafety
12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Somehow, not real sure how, completely on accident.. managed to get my factory keyless entry to honk the horn when the doors are locked... so now I have verification that they are locked without having to physically check the doors... Still thinking about picking up an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start setup though... hate the stupid cold winters here...

I seem to recall reading in the manual something about this. Holding down a button, then hitting another or something. I'll check next time I'm outside. I think it's holding down lock for a bit, and while still holding it, hit the unlock.

Brasscatz
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
First thing I did was a tire rotation because my front tires like to wear in a very odd way.

Then while under the Jeep, I noticed my repaired O2 sensor wire was sitting on top of the slip yoke... so I zip-tied it out of the way.

Then, I've started getting another weight shift/clunk when I come to a stop again. The motor mounts were replaced with ironman4x4fab's heavy duty mounts so I know that's not it. The tranny mount was replaced about a year ago as well (though with how bad the motor mounts were and how off the motor was, the cheap tranny mount could be worn out???). All mount bolts/nuts are tight. I also noticed that the bottom nut for the motor mounts didn't have a lot of surface area to hold on to, and I wondered if that was partially the cause. The old nuts had washers on them and had more surface area on the mount bracket. In the illustration, the bottom picture shows the mount from underneath with the old nut/washer combo over the slot. The top picture shows the new nut and how little surface area it held onto. I still had the old nut/washer combos and I put those back on.

Dredwolf
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Fought valiantly to remove the passenger side front coil, only to find the axle refused to droop any further, even with the too-short Rusty's shock removed.

Checked the steering over, found split boots, hit the fasteners with PBBlaster.

Did get the coil retainer clip removed without striping it, and found a little rot on the outer sheet metal for the driver side floor board. Wire brushed that and prepped for rust treatment, then said the heck with it and got out the pressure washer and cleaned the front and rear axle in prep for further work.

While I was at it I pressured washed the OEM gas tank skid to prepare for paint.

And posted some questions on XJTalk:D

Carves
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Fought valiantly to remove the passenger side front coil, only to find the axle refused to droop any further, even with the too-short Rusty's shock removed.

Checked the steering over, found split boots, hit the fasteners with PBBlaster.

Did get the coil retainer clip removed without striping it, and found a little rot on the outer sheet metal for the driver side floor board. Wire brushed that and prepped for rust treatment, then said the heck with it and got out the pressure washer and cleaned the front and rear axle in prep for further work.

While I was at it I pressured washed the OEM gas tank skid to prepare for paint.

And posted some questions on XJTalk:D

Im so glad Ive only got dust, trannycase oil and cow shyte to contend with when working under mine ...

Rust would have me in a reallllllllll bad mood .. :D

Dredwolf
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Im so glad Ive only got dust, trannycase oil and cow shyte to contend with when working under mine ...

Rust would have me in a reallllllllll bad mood .. :D

It's not real bad at all, not compared to the rust on my son's '89 F150 or the rampaging rust on my '79 K20.

I have had real good luck with the Permatex rust treatment over the years, so I will treat this the same. I pressure washed the wheel wells really good today, so I'll go ahead and hammer down the seam, treat the spot, a little paint, then under coat or bedliner the front wheel wells.

bluedragon436
12-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I seem to recall reading in the manual something about this. Holding down a button, then hitting another or something. I'll check next time I'm outside. I think it's holding down lock for a bit, and while still holding it, hit the unlock.

Yeah this is what I was kind of figuring it was.. I had been trying to find something like or to see if it was even possible to have the horn honk when the doors were locked... and hadn't been able to find anything.... and then while loading stuff into the back of my XJ moving out of my house... It just randomly honks once... and now every time I lock the doors it honks, like I wanted it to do from the get go... so now it is nice when I lock the doors I have a confirmation they are locked before having to reach for the handle and checking it..

Now to get my other plans/upgrades on the move towards being completed... finally!!

89Laredo
12-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Jeep done for now. I am uckfing tired...
97d30, welded 8.8, 5"f 6"r...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/10/3uratusa.jpg

prerunner1982
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
New battery. Got up this A.M. before my wife left to make sure it would start and it didn't. Jumped it and let it run for awhile. Time to leave to take one of my kiddos to school and nothing. I guess the lows in the teens last night did my old battery in.

LizardRunner
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
since friday morning ending at noon on Sunday.. added 1000 miles to the odo

cpttuna
12-11-2012, 07:48 AM
put new battery in the 99. I got it at NAPA. I do not wait for any of the batteries to die in my vehicles. I set a goal of 5 years. When 5 years is up, I get a new battery for the vehicle. Batteries can go anytime. I would just rather see it replaced on my terms.(not out in the middle of nowhere on a cold winter night)

Silverfoot
12-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Picked up a set of 5 practically unused 32 x 11.50 BFG Mud Terrain T/As for $450 earlier this week

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8262245996_e5e22422a7_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8224/8262250992_7536346ffd_c.jpg

Pic of them on the Jeep they came off of:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8264552646_5738c38cd6_z.jpg

Now I just need to get that tax return so I can pick up a bigger lift and then do some trimming so they'll fit haha

bluedragon436
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I flushed my heater core again... so I can have heat before it gets really cold here... Think a summer project is going to be replacing the heater core!!

TimmyTXJ
12-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Picked up my new lift kit! It's a baby lift but damn is it nice! BDS makes some awesome stuff! Can't wait to install it! :)

prcjeep
12-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Picked up my new lift kit! It's a baby lift but damn is it nice! BDS makes some awesome stuff! Can't wait to install it! :)

Have you laid it all out on the ground to help picture where everything goes yet??

prcjeep
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
First thing I did was a tire rotation because my front tires like to wear in a very odd way.

Then while under the Jeep, I noticed my repaired O2 sensor wire was sitting on top of the slip yoke... so I zip-tied it out of the way.

Then, I've started getting another weight shift/clunk when I come to a stop again. The motor mounts were replaced with ironman4x4fab's heavy duty mounts so I know that's not it. The tranny mount was replaced about a year ago as well (though with how bad the motor mounts were and how off the motor was, the cheap tranny mount could be worn out???). All mount bolts/nuts are tight. I also noticed that the bottom nut for the motor mounts didn't have a lot of surface area to hold on to, and I wondered if that was partially the cause. The old nuts had washers on them and had more surface area on the mount bracket. In the illustration, the bottom picture shows the mount from underneath with the old nut/washer combo over the slot. The top picture shows the new nut and how little surface area it held onto. I still had the old nut/washer combos and I put those back on.

Yikes! Nice catch though before it tore through!

prerunner1982
12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Put new ends on my battery cables and put a marine style terminal on the battery during my lunch break.

denverd1
12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Put new ends on my battery cables and put a marine style terminal on the battery during my lunch break.

yea! now you can crank those bad boys down!

89Laredo
12-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Froze my ass off and fixed this last night.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/4a5e7uje.jpg

prerunner1982
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Good catch... that could have been BAD!

Brasscatz
12-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Hopefully I'll be in town when you go to install! I'd love to get some experience installing a lift :D

4x4Dalton
12-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Hopefully I'll be in town when you go to install! I'd love to get some experience installing a lift :D

Oh you will lil Jim when we do yers :D

Brasscatz
12-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Oh you will lil Jim when we do yers :D

True, true! I've still got the cash on my kitchen counter. Probably be at least January though. I want to make sure Matt is done with what he wants to do on his Jeep, plus my weekends are probably gonna be slightly busy this month.

89Laredo
12-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Drove it to work...
My driveshaft decided it doesnt like the 6" lift very much on the way home.
Weird that it waited 80 miles before it complained.
Unhappy Driveshaft - YouTube

msmoorenburg
12-14-2012, 08:21 AM
replaced the oil pressure sending unit

XJ Wheeler
12-14-2012, 10:19 PM
See thread --------> http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12795

Short version.
Checked fluids, drove to get inspection, overheated, got car hauler, loaded it up, strapped it down, tugged it down here, unloaded it, found leaking hose/radiator. SLEEP! Woke up late... and sick.

msmoorenburg
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
replaced my missing lugnuts. Now its ready for state inspection

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Saturday - Cleaned up a nice spot to park it. Had to move a big chunk of rusted metal, a truck.

Sunday - Started removing the radiator but that didn't go smoothly. Couldn't get the drain plug out so i just went for the lower hose instead. And the most irritating part, one of the radiator crossmember bolts decided it liked its home and wanted to stay there. It would just spin, so out came the grinder. Once i got the head melted away and got the crossmember off i saw the problem. Apparently the bolts threads were stripped in there and wouldn't go either way. So, now out came the punch. Was planning on just punching out the rest of the bolt, since i figured the threads were obviously not holding anyway. Nope. Took the whole nutsert thing with it. So now...

Anybody know how to replace this?

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-161711170.jpg

Yep, the jeeps back. :D

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Feels good to be posting here again.:D

4.3LXJ
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Jake, those are spot welded in. Probably going to have to do something like that again.

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Jake, those are spot welded in. Probably going to have to do something like that again.

And me without a welder. :bang:

Thanks, Steve.

nickxj94
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Rocked out another Christmas parade they loved are show! :D10031004100510061007

Carves
12-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Feels good to be posting here again.:D

If that radiator job is anything to go by ... It seems we might be seeing quite of a bit of your posting ..

X2 with 4.3LXJ ... going to need to tack a replacement in there ... altho a locknut on a new bolt might work for a while if theres enough room under that support panel.

89Laredo
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
That noise wasn't my driveshaft... Whoever was in charge of putting the lugnuts on that tire at 3am last sunday didn't do a good job...
(wasn't me)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ydesyguj.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/raqu9ybu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/era8e5uh.jpg

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
That noise wasn't my driveshaft... Whoever was in charge of putting the lugnuts on that tire at 3am last sunday didn't do a good job...
(wasn't me)]

Holy crap... I've had a wheel fly off... not fun

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2012, 02:23 AM
If that radiator job is anything to go by ... It seems we might be seeing quite of a bit of your posting ..

I'll try make everyone proud :D Breakin stuff seems to be my natural pastime.

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Not my Jeep, but my wife's Jeep... she was rear-ended this morning on her way to work. She's shaken up but so far no injuries have presented themselves. I am impressed with how fast my Jeep got me to the scene though... didn't know I could squeal that many tires. I got her up to school where her 4th grade class was waiting for her and I'm back at home trying to get her Jeep into a shop. This is my worst fear... I almost lost my dad to a wreck back in '97. Funny too... Jake, Bear and I were talking about wrecks just last night in the XJTALK SHOW chat room.

denverd1
12-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Hope she's ok. doesn't look too bad

4.3LXJ
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
She was fortunate. It could have been worse.

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah, the Acura definitely got the short straw... score one for Jeep Patriot!

A few years back we got rear-ended in the same Jeep coming home from Ft. Worth on Thanksgiving.... this Jeep doesn't like holidays I suppose.

4x4Dalton
12-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Good lord lil bro. Glad she's ok.

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Good lord lil bro. Glad she's ok.

Thanks bro. Kind of eerie when you think about our conversation last night, don't ya think? Must be some psychic play in there :(

4x4Dalton
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks bro. Kind of eerie when you think about our conversation last night, don't ya think? Must be some psychic play in there :(

Lol yeah seems like. Hey next show we will talk about winnin the lottery then :D

XJNoob
12-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Today I was schooled by my 6 year old daughter.
While looking at my headlights to figure out why they are not as bright as they once were, my little girl says" daddy they just need to be cleaned". Dismissing this I checked the ground circuit, the power etc etc. nothing there. However peering inside the reflectors I could see dirt build up! Took them off, pressure washed em and what do you know, bright lights again!

Also found a burnt connector on the left side. 1015

Replaced that with a high temp connector.

So I guess I owe her one :-)

Carves
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Today I was schooled by my 6 year old daughter. ................. So I guess I owe her one :-)

Just goes to prove the ol saying ...

"'out of the mouths of babes" ... ;)

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Not my Jeep, but my wife's Jeep... she was rear-ended this morning on her way to work. She's shaken up but so far no injuries have presented themselves. I am impressed with how fast my Jeep got me to the scene though... didn't know I could squeal that many tires. I got her up to school where her 4th grade class was waiting for her and I'm back at home trying to get her Jeep into a shop. This is my worst fear... I almost lost my dad to a wreck back in '97. Funny too... Jake, Bear and I were talking about wrecks just last night in the XJTALK SHOW chat room.

That is just eerie, bud. Definitely came out on top though. I've always had this habit to watch whoever is coming up behind me. (No jokes, fellas. :rolleyes: )

Hope she continues to feel good, i'll be sure to pray for as much. Keep us posted on how she's feeling. Those events are always a dreadful occurrence.

bigjim350
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Well today I got new tires for the Jeep. Course I spoiled the Christmas suprise. My wonderful wife bought them for me and they got delivered on the one day I would be home this week. Oh well I am still super happy and was super surprised. They are 33" pro-comp mud terrains.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/bigjim350/IMG_20121217_181212.jpg

prcjeep
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Well today I got new tires for the Jeep. Course I spoiled the Christmas suprise. My wonderful wife bought them for me and they got delivered on the one day I would be home this week. Oh well I am still super happy and was super surprised. They are 33" pro-comp mud terrains.

Nice!

XJ Wheeler
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM

You're just spoiled!

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Nice! Were your old ones in bad shape?

bigjim350
12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Nice! Were your old ones in bad shape?

The tread is good on them, but the beads are messed up pretty bad from getting popped of the rims several times while wheeling. Had to put slime in all 4 wheels just to keep em aired up.

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
The tread is good on them, but the beads are messed up pretty bad from getting popped of the rims several times while wheeling. Had to put slime in all 4 wheels just to keep em aired up.

hmmm.... if my lift is high enough, I may hafta snag them from ya ;)

Dredwolf
12-17-2012, 08:24 PM

Besides your "BIG JIM"S EXTREME WHEELING ADVENTURES" ;) trail wounds, you like the ProComp's?

I drove a set of the Cooper's in the recent wet dirt here, not bad, have not take out the MTZ's yet.

4x4Dalton
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Wow Jim those are gonna look sweet goin round the mall bro :D

Carves
12-17-2012, 08:30 PM
hmmm.... if my lift is high enough, I may hafta snag them from ya ;)

According to your missus ... you've got some neck massaging and patriot panel polishing & buffing to do first ... :p

Not my Jeep, but my wife's Jeep... she was rear-ended this morning on her way to work. She's shaken up but so far no injuries have presented themselves.................

Good to see it wasnt too serious .. :thumbsup:

Carves
12-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Santas been :smiley-scared002: .... Santas been :banana::smiley-dance015::smiley-dance011::jumping0041:

Them poor reindeer must really hate the sound of that cracking whip ... after dropping off tyres in Texas and lumps of steel, Down Here ... during the last 24hrs ... :cool:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Driveline/Arrived02b.jpg

bigjim350
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Besides your "BIG JIM"S EXTREME WHEELING ADVENTURES" ;) trail wounds, you like the ProComp's?

I drove a set of the Cooper's in the recent wet dirt here, not bad, have not take out the MTZ's yet.

Just got the pro-comps today. My old tires (with the trail wounds) are Mud Kings. Those have worn great, just have weak beads and sidewalls. And as bear said the pro-comps should handle the mall well.

4x4Dalton
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Ahhhh ya know I'm teasin bro. Hopin to hit the trails soon if yer willin to get it dirty again :D

Brasscatz
12-17-2012, 09:17 PM
According to your missus ... you've got some neck massaging and patriot panel polishing & buffing to do first ... :p

Good to see it wasnt too serious .. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro. Just got done with the neck/back massaging... I'll let the shop do the Patriot polishing on Allstate's dime ;) was an all day event getting that thing into the shop. To put it lightly, I was beyond my furious point several times today.... wreck was at 6:45am... car got towed to the shop at 5pm. I got home close to 7pm... Maybe I should get Allstate to pay for my 8 hours of work that I missed today :bang:

Carves
12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks bro. Just got done with the neck/back massaging... I'll let the shop do the Patriot polishing on Allstate's dime ;) was an all day event getting that thing into the shop. To put it lightly, I was beyond my furious point several times today.... wreck was at 6:45am... car got towed to the shop at 5pm. I got home close to 7pm... Maybe I should get Allstate to pay for my 8 hours of work that I missed today :bang:

Sheesh ... 12hrs ... :bang:

... thats probably coz bigjim350 was sitting at home, drooling over his new tyres, instead of being out working ... ;) .. :D

junglejuice
12-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Santas been :smiley-scared002: .... Santas been :banana::smiley-dance015::smiley-dance011::jumping0041:

Them poor reindeer must really hate the sound of that cracking whip ... after dropping off tyres in Texas and lumps of steel, Down Here ... during the last 24hrs ... :cool:

What ratio are they Carves????

JJ

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Vehicle%20Bits/Driveline/Arrived02b.jpg

msmoorenburg
12-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Just to clear the air Jim's Jeep is his wife's dd :rolleye0012:. You should see what he gets to drive.

On a positive note I put in new door speakers in the Heep kicker ds 6.2's

bluedragon436
12-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Did you get the regular mud terrains or the Xtreme Mud Terrains??? I had the Xtreme Mud Terrains on my XJ and loved them, and esecially the lack of noise and how well they wore... I want to get another set this next time around...

Carves
12-18-2012, 06:39 AM
What ratio are they Carves????

JJ

4.10 ...

Would have been happier with 3.73 or something similiar ... but I'll see how they go.

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Started unpacking the various boxes of "stuff" that keeps showing up here for the XJ...:D

Mark over at Detour's FABRICATES the freakin' boxes....Cardboard Aided Design indeed! :shocker:

Run things through the CAT scan....

http://i.minus.com/iZIfwmx7VgXIB.JPG

Class III Recovery points!
http://i.minus.com/iBMQXMxRtHjsD.JPG

Hardware for Backbone...
http://i.minus.com/iY53au2rxfu3h.JPG

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
And opened another box....maybe if I crowd the house with parts, the family will let me get some wrenching done....:D

http://i.minus.com/ibmAOKEsXK0Y8S.JPG

Carves
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
And opened another box....maybe if I crowd the house with parts, the family will let me get some wrenching done....:D

You wont have anything under the tree ... at the rate you're going .. :p .. :D

Those diff gaskets look especially good ... No extra sealant required huh ?? ... Reusable ??

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey, did you steal my cat?

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 08:37 PM
You wont have anything under the tree ... at the rate you're going .. :p .. :D

Those diff gaskets look especially good ... No extra sealant required huh ?? ... Reusable ??

They are supposed to be reusable, which is why I got them. I can use RTV successfully, but its one of those things I have always wanted a more...practical solution than RTV. I own a set of MAC gasket scrapers :crazy:, but I hate scraping.

I have a Solid diff cover on the way for the 8.25, so I will post more feedback then.

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey, did you steal my cat?

Not unless he walked here 15 years ago as a kitten...that is Tiger, the official "Old Man" of the house that claims the other "old man" of the house as his human. ;)

ArmyGuy45
12-18-2012, 08:46 PM

I have the same thing in my wifes Jeep but only have the front installed. The rear diff has a leaking seal by the drive shaft and need to fix that before while I change the fluids. That will have to wait until I get back from this deployment.

bluedragon436
12-18-2012, 08:53 PM

I wanna get a set of these when I upgrade my diff covers... But got to take care of my DW and replace my rear main seal that I just figured out was leaking in the process of attempting to chase down the random rattle sound in the front left axle area... nothing wrong with getting some awesome Christmas gifts... even if they are to yourself!! That is how I make sure I get what I really want for Christmas is by getting it for myself!! LOL

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Not unless he walked here 15 years ago as a kitten...that is Tiger, the official "Old Man" of the house that claims the other "old man" of the house as his human. ;)

Mine is "Tiger Baby":rolleye0012:

01xjcny
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
well sunday i changed the lf u joint and was still acting funny so today i got to put the rf in. Of course nothing goes smooth the u joint would fit in one yoke but would not go in the other and if you flipped it would fit in the other yoke but not in the first so had to run around and find another one and it worked must have been a defective part. Guess i should of bought the better of the u joints but hopefully this fixes the steering both were bad

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Mine is "Tiger Baby":rolleye0012:

:smiley-laughing021:

Oh that is FUNNY....:D

XJ Wheeler
12-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Well, the radiator/trans cooler saga continues.

Today i did in fact remove the radiator, went well actually. Then my optimistic side took over and convinced me i should start mounting the trans cooler. The other parts of my brain had other thoughts in mind. I started cutting, grinding, and bending the mounting brackets to get them just right. Wouldn't ya know it not one of them lined up right. So after practically wasting a couple hours finding the wrong ways to do this i decided to step back from it. Sometimes you just need to do that.

Later i took the old radiator in, looked like it had possibly been leaking on the side. Maybe, maybe not. Advance swapped it out, no questions. One thing though, a word of advice. When exchanging a radiator for warranty, take everything that's not made in. The new one doesn't come with very much and i totally forgot to get connector clip for the lower transmission line.:banghead: And of course by the time i figure it out the doors were locked up. So, tomorrow i'm gonna give them a call and hope they haven't shipped it out. From what i can tell that's a $20-40 small piece of plastic i don't want to have to buy.

Old rad

The clip i forgot

We'll see what the rest of this project has in store. :rolleyes:

bigjim350
12-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Pretty sure i have that clip on my old rad that you can have if you arent able to get it back from the parts house.

msmoorenburg
12-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Well, the radiator/trans cooler saga continues.

Today i did in fact remove the radiator, went well actually. Then my optimistic side took over and convinced me i should start mounting the trans cooler. The other parts of my brain had other thoughts in mind. I started cutting, grinding, and bending the mounting brackets to get them just right. Wouldn't ya know it not one of them lined up right. So after practically wasting a couple hours finding the wrong ways to do this i decided to step back from it. Sometimes you just need to do that.

Later i took the old radiator in, looked like it had possibly been leaking on the side. Maybe, maybe not. Advance swapped it out, no questions. One thing though, a word of advice. When exchanging a radiator for warranty, take everything that's not made in. The new one doesn't come with very much and i totally forgot to get connector clip for the lower transmission line.:banghead: And of course by the time i figure it out the doors were locked up. So, tomorrow i'm gonna give them a call and hope they haven't shipped it out. From what i can tell that's a $20-40 small piece of plastic i don't want to have to buy.

Old rad

The clip i forgot

We'll see what the rest of this project has in store. :rolleyes:

new clips are in the help section

89Laredo
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
If your hooking up a different cooler you dont need the clip... :confused:

Dredwolf
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
And more boxes.....

Solid Diff cover for the 8.25.....decent price, looks soli....err...stout. Maybe one day Santa can afford the RuffStuff covers...

http://i.minus.com/imCz6CMi8uy5N.JPG

Clean finish on the gasket surface...hardware and RTV included (tossing the RTV in the bin, going to use the Lube Locker gaskets.:D

http://i.minus.com/im3CD9g7doQFF.JPG

Hmm, whats in this box?

http://i.minus.com/itdvlcVC08IE1.JPG

Guess I'll have to open it....;)

XJ Wheeler
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Pretty sure i have that clip on my old rad that you can have if you arent able to get it back from the parts house.

new clips are in the help section

Thanks guys, but i was able to get there and the guy had it waiting. Btw, so far i'm pretty happy dealing with Autozone N.336 at i45 store.

If your hooking up a different cooler you dont need the clip... :confused:

I believe i'm suppose to tap in to the upper trans line, right? That's what i keep reading.

msmoorenburg
12-20-2012, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=XJ Wheeler;135911]Thanks guys, but i was able to get there and the guy had it waiting. Btw, so far i'm pretty happy dealing with Autozone N.336 at i45 store.

It feels like I'm in that store daily

denverd1
12-20-2012, 10:36 AM
FINALLY got the air filter box back in after redoing the steering gear, dropped pitman and new TRE. Now I can take it to get SYE installed. I'd tackle it myself but in the interest of time, especially this time of year, I'll pay someone to make sure its done correctly.

editedforsafety
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Got new pads installed in the front and the rear brakes cleaned up. I was going to do it myself, but it's pouring rain and cold, and I'd like an actual day off work this week.

illuminator
12-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I put my b-day gift on, an arb diff cover for my Dana 30.

XJ Wheeler
12-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Thursday December 20, 2012

I finalized the development of the in-line auxiliary transmission cooling unit mounting brackets. It went admirably with not many complications. The mounting brackets were then coated in a corrosion resistant material in the black variety. So the actual fitting of the unit will have to be postponed for the material to adhere properly.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-201708080.jpg

Okay, enough of that.

It is gonna be a lot easier to install the trans cooler with the radiator out so i decided to wait on the radiator install but i could get it ready for the install. So i changed out the upper and lower radiator hoses, and the heater hose that connects to the thermostat. I forgot how much of a pain dealing with that spring is, ended up having to shorten it after bending one of the ends.

And this doesn't seem very good, inside the lower radiator hose.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-201843320.jpg

Brasscatz
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Yikes, that's grungy! Mine is looking like that again. I've flushed countless times too. I filled her up with 50/50 this last time.... I think all the gunk from the bottom of my reservoir that I couldn't get out finally worked it's way loose. Pisses me off that I wasted so much antifreeze. I don't want to flush it again for a while. Maybe until I get a new reservoir since I can't ever seem to get it all cleaned out.

XJ Wheeler
12-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Yikes, that's grungy! Mine is looking like that again. I've flushed countless times too. I filled her up with 50/50 this last time.... I think all the gunk from the bottom of my reservoir that I couldn't get out finally worked it's way loose. Pisses me off that I wasted so much antifreeze. I don't want to flush it again for a while. Maybe until I get a new reservoir since I can't ever seem to get it all cleaned out.

Have you removed it to clean it up? I

'm thinking about running straight water for a little while then drain it, do it again, and then fill with antifreeze. But that's because i'm not comfortable flushing it.

Carves
12-21-2012, 07:47 PM

I finalized the development of the in-line auxiliary transmission cooling unit mounting brackets. It went admirably with not many complications. The mounting brackets were then coated in a corrosion resistant material in the black variety. So the actual fitting of the unit will have to be postponed for the material to adhere properly.

Strewth :eek: .... What are you lot using for water over there :confused:

Maybe until I get a new reservoir since I can't ever seem to get it all cleaned out.

Try removing the reservoir, put a few inches of a slurry of sand and a bit of water in it ... and shake the beegeezus out of it ... then rinse clean and refit.

Should clean up pretty well .. ;)

Brasscatz
12-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Have you removed it to clean it up? I

'm thinking about running straight water for a little while then drain it, do it again, and then fill with antifreeze. But that's because i'm not comfortable flushing it.

Yep, even soaked it with CLR multiple times. I don't have a brush long enough to scrub out the bottom though.

I remember you telling me about your flush experience... you could always disconnect hoses and such and do a manual flush of the individual parts one at a time. I did that with TimmyTXJ on his Jeep too. Worked pretty good and no real pressurization.

Brasscatz
12-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Try removing the reservoir, put a few inches of a slurry of sand and a bit of water in it ... and shake the beegeezus out of it ... then rinse clean and refit.

Should clean up pretty well .. ;)

Great idea! I never would've thought about using sand!

bluedragon436
12-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Yeah I've flushed mine multiple times too and run a 50/50 mix, and still it ends up looking about like that... I think that may be part of what keeps clogging up my heater core too... damn I wish I could afford having a shop to replace my heater core and then do another flush since it is the last old part in my whole cooling system!!

XJ Wheeler
12-21-2012, 10:05 PM

Strewth :eek: .... What are you lot using for water over there :confused:

Ya don't even want to know.:rolleye0012:

Yep, even soaked it with CLR multiple times. I don't have a brush long enough to scrub out the bottom though.

I remember you telling me about your flush experience... you could always disconnect hoses and such and do a manual flush of the individual parts one at a time. I did that with TimmyTXJ on his Jeep too. Worked pretty good and no real pressurization.

Ya I've done that to some of it. I'll probably pull the reservoir off like you did too, could certainly use some cleaning.

msmoorenburg
12-22-2012, 08:46 AM

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-201708080.jpg

Okay, enough of that.

It is gonna be a lot easier to install the trans cooler with the radiator out so i decided to wait on the radiator install but i could get it ready for the install. So i changed out the upper and lower radiator hoses, and the heater hose that connects to the thermostat. I forgot how much of a pain dealing with that spring is, ended up having to shorten it after bending one of the ends.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-201843320.jpg

you guys are gonna get me to drag out my coolant flusher

gary63
12-22-2012, 09:32 AM
around here we take the belt off take out the thermast drain out old coolent
refull it with vineger and run the waterpump with a elec. motor.we do this for 2 to4 fill and drainings then with distild water and then 50/50 anddon't use tape water. then the engins most of the time run cooler and cleaner.

Brasscatz
12-22-2012, 11:09 AM
you guys are gonna get me to drag out my coolant flusher

LOL, now that we know you HAVE a coolant flusher ;)

thesupercroc
12-22-2012, 02:06 PM
I took my jeep out for a bit of a drive. from Fargo ND to Bismark ND my first long trip with it ! It has not broken down .... yet lol :rolleye0012::crazy::rotfl2:

I might get around to using my sister's new camera to get some new pics of it and try get the roof rack off for now.

XJ Wheeler
12-22-2012, 03:17 PM

X2 :D

XJNoob
12-22-2012, 06:48 PM

I used to work at a radiator shop years ago and we would take a cup of muratic acid and shake the reservoir. Then flushed it with a hose. Just be careful not to get burned. The acid eats through the rust but not the plastic.

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Murphy's Law holds true.

So today i finally got the trans cooler mounted up with the freshly painted brackets. It barely fits but i'll just call it a perfect fit.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-22173050-1.jpg

And that's good, i like that. But...

So today i test fit the radiator, or i should say i was installing it and figured out it won't work. First off i flushed the heater core and reservoir. Once i actually tucked the radiator in its new home i noticed the lower trans line fitting that came with the new radiator seemed kinda kinked, plus it was too long and hit the body which didn't allow enough room to push the trans line on.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-22181819-1.jpg

And that's okay, i can deal with that. But...

Once i fought to get everything in place including throwing the radiator crossmember and a few wrenches at the ground (good use of energy right), i got near the end of the install and went to put the fan shroud back on i found it impossible to do. I got a good look at it and apparently the piece that the fan shroud and auxiliary fan slip into the bottom has too many slots and too much material. I would just cut it off but i really don't want to void the warranty.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-221923090.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-221923000.jpg
:bang::mad::banghead::mad0029:
:sign0197:
Okay, i'm good now.

bigjim350
12-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Why are you trying to hook up the rad trans cooler along with your aux trans cooler? The Aux cooler should be plenty. Mine is much smaller and does just fine as a stand alone unit.

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Why are you trying to hook up the rad trans cooler along with your aux trans cooler? The Aux cooler should be plenty. Mine is much smaller and does just fine as a stand alone unit.

I'd like it to still warm up the trans when its cold out, when the engine warms.

bigjim350
12-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I'd like it to still warm up the trans when its cold out, when the engine warms.

Dude this is TX, that is necessary maybe 2 times a year.

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2012, 03:19 AM
Dude this is TX, that is necessary maybe 2 times a year.

I know, i know. But i may not always be in Texas and even for those two times my tiny bit of extra work will be worth it.;)

nickxj94
12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Finally found a brush gaurd for the wife's Xj :D1049

89Laredo
12-26-2012, 02:31 AM
Im buying myself a MT2500 scanner. Bought the jeep1 adaptor and data cable tonight, will get the scanner and cartridge tomorrow.
Renix Diagnostics FTW!

Dredwolf
12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Put another box of Iron Man Andy's parts in it....need a free weekend and clear weather....or win the lottery and build a shop.:D

Brasscatz
12-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, I went to rotate the tires on my wife's Jeep to prepare for our trip and I pulled my XJ out of the garage and left her running to warm up. I noticed quite a bit of dripping under my Jeep so I pulled it in the garage and as far as I can tell, my radiator is leaking :( It seems to be coming from the passenger side, running down part of the "frame", and running down my front skid to the ground. The upper hose isn't it, but I can't see the actual source of the leak. It's a pretty healthy leak too :(

Showtime3492
12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
aquired an 8k warn with synthetic cable on it. Also had a friend do a "custom" bored throttle body for me. he works at a race engine shop did a 62 mm top and a taper bore to 65 mm. Its freakin sweet. He is also doing a 65 mm one for me to see which one i like best and then he is gonna start selling them.

4.3LXJ
12-26-2012, 10:25 PM
good score

bluedragon436
12-27-2012, 12:08 AM
aquired an 8k warn with synthetic cable on it. Also had a friend do a "custom" bored throttle body for me. he works at a race engine shop did a 62 mm top and a taper bore to 65 mm. Its freakin sweet. He is also doing a 65 mm one for me to see which one i like best and then he is gonna start selling them.

How long until he'll be looking to sell the 62 to 65mm TB?? Would definitely be interested in that, especially when I get ready to do my budget stroker!!

cantab27
12-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Broke it again'''. Lol

XJ Wheeler
12-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Broke it again'''. Lol

Elaborate... And how could we think any less of you.:p

cantab27
12-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Elaborate... And how could we think any less of you.:p

Just cosmatic... flares +tree.. tree for the win....:rolleye0012:

XJ Wheeler
12-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Just cosmatic... flares +tree.. tree for the win....:rolleye0012:

Don't need em anyway.

cantab27
12-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Don't need em anyway.

Down here ya do:mad:

XJ Wheeler
12-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Down here ya do:mad:

Time for mans best friend then...

4x4Dalton
12-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Damn Wayne. We gonna have to change the name of yers from Jeep to Beep(Broken.Empty Every Pocket) :D

XJNoob
12-27-2012, 09:56 AM
The upper hose isn't it, but I can't see the actual source of the leak. It's a pretty healthy leak too :(

The drain is on that side, hopefully that's all it is.

bluedragon436
12-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Researched ball joints, U-joints and hub assemblies for it, to try and replace anything I can think could be making the annoying sound from my drivers side front... If it still makes noise after replacing all those parts... I'm going to blow it up!! LOL...

89Laredo
12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Finished buying my scanner stuff

Showtime3492
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
How long until he'll be looking to sell the 62 to 65mm TB?? Would definitely be interested in that, especially when I get ready to do my budget stroker!!

as soon as i get done doing the testing for him :D

XJ Wheeler
12-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Braved the cold (about 45° :p) to remove the radiator, again. Really hoping this isn't just a design flaw in all of them, but its doubtful its just this one. Might just have to cut it up.

Dredwolf
12-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Cleaned the garage, getting ready to start working on the XJ in earnest this weekend. Organized the parts, organized, cleaned and prepped tools, tested the welder and checked the wire left on the spool, and cleared off my old assembly bench that has not been used in far too long.

I also cranked the XJ, let it run 5 minutes, and gave it a hug....:cry:

XJ Wheeler
12-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Cleaned the garage, getting ready to start working on the XJ in earnest this weekend. Organized the parts, organized, cleaned and prepped tools, tested the welder and checked the wire left on the spool, and cleared off my old assembly bench that has not been used in far too long.

I also cranked the XJ, let it run 5 minutes, and gave it a hug....:cry:

All great ideas, especially the hug.;)

XJ Wheeler
12-30-2012, 03:56 AM
So, yesterday i popped in Advance and asked them about the radiator. Turns out to be a design flaw in all of them, and was told to cut the mistake off and if i ever have a problem note it wouldn't work in the vehicle without modification.

And today, the radiator went in, hopefully for the last time till... well probably i want to do something else in the area. So, i commenced to continue wrenching until i... was halted by that same irritating fitting. Got as much as i could done. Went by the auto parts to "rent" a flaring tool (really should get one), so i can shorten and flare the fitting.

See ya tomorrow, God willing with a running yet not overheating jeep story.

XJ Wheeler
12-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Here you can see the before and after the "fix".

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-291716550-1.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-29182409-1.jpg

4x4Dalton
12-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Put wheel bearings on both left and right side. Right side was real bad and left side had a lil play but nothin major.

XJ Wheeler
12-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Okay, so i'm at a loss. I figure out the flaring tool is too wide to fit on the fitting, so i can't just cut a little off and re-flare it...

XJ Wheeler
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I figured out if i took a hamma to the sides of the bend just a little, i could get the nut back enough to get the flaring tool clamped on the tubing i might have enough material flare it. Tried it, not knowing for sure. It did have, just barely, a tiny bit of material to flare. Hopefully it was enough. Splashed it with a coat of satin black.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-30173040-1.jpg

Ended up having to remove the radiator (again:mad:) to get it screwed in. It does still rub the body.:bang: But not enough to interfere with the lower trans hose sliding on, so i went with it. Finished it up, broke some wires, fixed them, filled the reservoir, and crank it. Ran pretty good, no leaks so far. I'm not calling it done yet, it would be too easy. :rolleye0012: Time will tell.

I'm thinking next is gonna be a bath.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2012-12-30204704.jpg

duckcreek
12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
nada

NW99XJ
12-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Old sticker expired this month.
Picked up a new one before they were released!
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h328/jbchill1/IMG_2239.jpg

Also swapped out the upstream o2 sensor, and did an oil change.

4x4Dalton
12-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Hooked up air horns :D

Brasscatz
01-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Hooked up air horns :D

Shoot, that's easy.... all you have to do is eat a few bean burritos. Or some chili :p

4.3LXJ
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Shoot, that's easy.... all you have to do is eat a few bean burritos. Or some chili :p

Or find a politician :p

nickxj94
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Well didn't do much but wash it from my new years ride with friends Sunday, today I got some seats from a 98 xj sport front and rear so I be taking them apart and washing the material and then later on bolt them in my 94 xj, here is some pics from Sunday

cantab27
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
aha wheeling pics at long last....looks like fun nick and different jeeps as well ...thanks for sharing mate........oh and look a yota as well ...love them old fj40s

went for a skid ....been out most days and going out again today....first time with another truck......:o

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/735486_283681328421604_1987238796_o.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/735783_283681235088280_887694387_o.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/739962_283681151754955_2090961974_o.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/739876_283681451754925_507967172_o.jpg

nickxj94
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Couple videos,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFKH3QdUyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqMRrdcdeuM&feature=youtube_gdata_player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLf_dluIQdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://youtu.be/pcFKH3QdUyk

http://youtu.be/EqMRrdcdeuM

http://youtu.be/uLf_dluIQdU

XJ Wheeler
01-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Got the jeep cleaned up and shining again.

And a pic of the action just for you, Wayne.
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Stormy%202/2013-01-011737410.jpg

cantab27
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
More like what did jeep do to me ...long story short I'm typing this on my phone from hospital..it rolled backwardswhy I was under it ...crushed me chest crack ribs bruszed heart so are doing bloods every 4 hours ......will tell more when home ...apart was a good day wheeling

XJ Wheeler
01-02-2013, 03:49 AM
More like what did jeep do to me ...long story short I'm typing this on my phone from hospital..it rolled backwardswhy I was under it ...crushed me chest crack ribs bruszed heart so are doing bloods every 4 hours ......will tell more when home ...apart was a good day wheeling

Getting me all worried up in here. Feel better real soon, mate. In my prayers now. Keep us posted.

4x4Dalton
01-02-2013, 04:31 AM

Damn mate. Hope ya get better soon. You are in my prayers and thoughts bro. Sorry to hear bout all that.

OrangeXJ
01-02-2013, 07:15 AM

Dam wayne get better mate

Brasscatz
01-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Dang wayne... Stop trying to make up for all our lost wheelin time over here!
On a serious note, I sure hope you recover quickly, mate. Some scary stuff there. Keeping you in my prayers.

ALS XJ
01-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Get well soon!

cantab27
01-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Jeeps dead again as well......will post up what happened when they let me outta here ...thanks for well wishes......

XJ Wheeler
01-02-2013, 09:42 AM
The jeep can wait... take care of your self.

Mudderoy
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM
The other day after my daughter drove home from work I noticed a hissing sound coming from the 99. I popped the hood and looked. "Air" was coming out from here...

You see the "brown"? The only thing I could think of was the gasket blew out, or wasn't installed correctly.

So I changed the water pump yesterday after my daughter told me of "smoke" she saw coming from the front of the Jeep. Figured it must be steam and must have been coming from where I saw the air escaping before.

During the installation of the new pump I was surprised to see this!

4.3LXJ
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Hey Mate, should I say pics or it didn't happen? :D

Get better soon mate :beer:

prcjeep
01-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Damn Wayne... Hope you get to feeling better.. Rib injuries are the worst!

prcjeep
01-02-2013, 11:45 AM

WHAT?? Matt has a COOLANT FLUSHER??

msmoorenburg
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
WHAT?? Matt has a COOLANT FLUSHER??

http://diaryofayuma.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/smiley-face.jpg

89Laredo
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Got the cartridge for my scanner.
89 Cherokee MT2500 Scanner (Engine) - YouTube
89 Cherokee MT2500 (Transmission) - YouTube

denverd1
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Wayne, everyone likes a good xray pic. Post em up!!

89Laredo
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Doesnt look right...
(WOT)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8344227754_7c095f36a6_b.jpg

cantab27
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Wayne, everyone likes a good xray pic. Post em up!!

dude didnt grab em....couldnt wait to get outta there....first time ever ive done a over niter in hospital.....i know i know should be trying harder..:rolleye0012:

editedforsafety
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Put in a new battery in a snowy parking lot with an adjustable wrench that was far to big to work well, but I got it done. My fingers are still cold an hour later.

abramj
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I pulled out a full size 4x4 extended cab Dodge that had slid into the ditch in our recent snow storm. Oh, and the road was totally snow covered, and I have half bald tires, stock all the way. He was very appreciative. So the next day I took the jeep out in 15" of snow to play! This is my first Jeep, and it is great!

denverd1
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I pulled out a full size 4x4 extended cab Dodge that had slid into the ditch in our recent snow storm. Oh, and the road was totally snow covered, and I have half bald tires, stock all the way. He was very appreciative. So the next day I took the jeep out in 15" of snow to play! This is my first Jeep, and it is great!

atta boy!! show that big mall crawler who's got the goods!

4x4Dalton
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
First thing wasn't to it but for for it
Now on to what was done. Me,Patrick and Lil Jim put a bumper on it

cantab27
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
them rims are bling bling ....

4.3LXJ
01-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Someone please turn down the lights, I am being blinded

KH96XJ
01-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Put the front doors back on finally. Now all I have to do is figure out why the power windows don't work. Not any of the fuses from what I can tell so might be the control panel unless someone else has a better idea.

cantab27
01-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Put the front doors back on finally. Now all I have to do is figure out why the power windows don't work. Not any of the fuses from what I can tell so might be the control panel unless someone else has a better idea.

are they still in the doors....;)

4x4Dalton
01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
them rims are bling bling ....

Yep and all they cost me was gas money. Matt helped me score them in a even trade for a set of 31's on black rims