Unfortunately, I don't have any tear down images aside from the ones that you see here. I should have taken a few of the old engine after I removed it and stripped it down, to illustrate the gunk covering the cylinders 4, 5, and 6 area. I timed the extraction/strip of the old engine to coincide with the arrival of the new engine, so the old engine was only out of the Jeep and on blocks overnight.

What follows are images of the new engine being assembled and other items being added while I was awaiting a few parts to complete the install.

Also, I've completed the install of all components in the last couple of days and there are no images of that, as I was simply putting things back where they belong.

Scrub-a-dub-dub, intake parts in a kerosene tub

This could happen to you. Luckily, I had a spare from my 94 ZJ donor that wasn't cracked.

Illustrating all the parts to be replaced in the spring and their current condition. After this series of photos, the entire suspension was, once again (and several times since), soaked in PB.

Included are pix of the new Brown Dog Ultimate Rubber Mounts.

Fresh from the crate, ready to be dressed:

New and cleaned old parts going on:

Dressed, filled with live giving Royal Purple RPO 11487, and oil pump primed/checked for proper lubrication:

This is where you'll feel like Dr. Crankenstein:

That's all the images I've taken to date. I can take finished pix if you want, but you could simply raise the hood on your XJ to see what it looks like.

The next post will contain all the components that I've replaced on this build.