Thread: Antifreeze

Default Antifreeze

im leaking alot of coolant out of the front of my jeep. i changed the lower hose that was for sure leaking some but i still is leaking out of the passenger side. my dad said it may be my weep hole in my water pump does anyone have any pictures of the location of the weep hole or any suggestions

Default Re: antifreeze

where on the passenger side? Does it look like it's coming from under the radiatior? That could be the petcock/drainplug on the radiator, the upper hose (may not be tight enough), further towards the back it could be your heater core, could be either heater hoses (though those are closer to the middle as is your water pump).

Default Re: antifreeze

forgot to add that it could also be your coolant reservoir bottle or the skinny hose that's on it. That would be further towards the back passenger side as well like your heater core.

Default Re: Antifreeze

Weep hole is on the front of the pump casting ... behind the disc that the belt pulley mounts on.

Should be a telltale stain if its leaking.

Might be worth checking the area around the radiator inlet, too ... the plastic tanks are known to crack with age and heat.
    Last edited by Carves; 09-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

Default Re: Antifreeze

It was the weather pump after all. I found a huge leak there, changed it and now it's doing ok this will my first day of real driving thx