Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quote of the day

Default Re: Quote of the day

"We place our firmest hope in the human spirit, even knowing how easily it may be shattered. We have all seen friends and family crushed by the Combine. Some of our neighbors have allowed themselves to be co-opted, and purged of their humanity, by the military machine. And those who resisted have met a most terrible fate. Still, I cannot overstate how important it is that we retain our humanity. Only this will allow us to hold together, as we must, for their inevitable return... and what is certain to be unimaginable retaliation."
    Quote Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
    I can't cook though. Unless you count the few seconds where I allowed Dylan to saute...

"Yes... yes. Go to the sporting goods store. From the files obtain forms 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons, and lists of private ownership."

Red Dawn telling it how it is...
    Gun registration is a threat.
    I can't cook though. Unless you count the few seconds where I allowed Dylan to saute...

Thank You to the Great Lakes 4x4 Community, for the love, support, and understanding given to me (Collin) and my Family during this struggle.

........and with his statement I would like to add the article posted in the GLFWDA "Boondocker".

Life Celebration of Collin Hansen
    Collin Hansen left his mark in this world for everybody in the 4 wheeling community to see. He was a son, husband, father, and friend who left those of us who knew him wanting more. He also was an outdoor enthusiast, who loved being with nature, and off-roading. From his trips to Drummond Island, Rocks & Valleys, Badlands, and Silver Lake Sand Dunes near his home, he was either participating in an adventure or talking about going to one. Even while going through medical treatments he could still find the strength to help preserve our trails as shown in his involvement with the 56th Ave Near Silver Lake Road repair project in the fall of 2011.
    Some have commented about his stature, being a giant of a man. We knew this to be true, but more so in due to his personality and heart for others, than his physical size. There wasn’t a person on this planet that Collin would not try to be a friend with. Sure he had disagreements, but would extend his hand and maybe offer you a cold beverage while he discussed with you the conflict.
    Cancer took our young friend right before Memorial weekend, 2012. He was so looking forward to spending time in one of his off-road havens, with his son Cole and wife Courtney in the upcoming summer. He wanted to celebrate the accomplishments in his life that he was so proud of before he left this life for eternity. He gave many of us a mandate, to enjoy life, not to sweat the little stuff, and to LOVE EACH OTHER as Family and Fellow Man.
    When his friends got together that rainy Friday to say their farewells to the beloved man, there was heaviness in the crowd. The mood changed however, when at the end of the trail ride in honor of Collin, we were given an amazing site. The sun broke out of the clouds and gave us a beautiful red glow across the horizon, as if to say, “Celebrate my friends, all is well”.

“I met Collin on the trail and he left us on a trail ride.”………………………………………… (Erin Early)

The first 30 years of Collin’s life he spent learning how to be a man, after his diagnosis, he spent it as a teacher to show the rest of us how to have that “Life Celebration”.

"Are you Scared"
    *shakes head*
    "Well don't be. If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jim could land it."

Apollo 13... good movie. American MacGuyver-ing at its best!

Repubican or Democrat, it doesn't matter, they two sides of the same coin, a Federalist.
    US Army 2005 - 2014
    US Army Reserves 2014 - Present

2001 XJ Limited 4dr I6 Auto.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia

"What are we going to do besides drink and try not to blow ourselves up?"
    -Try not to fall into the fire or get arrested.

bad luck is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Saving money is great, especially when your parents have done it for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123