Ok, so I kept a copy of the original add from CL...

Went to look and most everything mechanical seems exactly like what you would expect from an average 15 year old Jeep.

PO was decent, knew what he had and also knew that there were a few short comings and things to be addressed. We negotiated on price, and found a number that was agreeable.

after a few emails and making arrangements I paid and went to the notary Friday evening, and I picked her up this afternoon. I spent about 7 hours total on the road today, but I am fairly happy.

The Good...

like I said it is 15 years old, the engine and under the hood is messy, didn't really poke the camera in there too much. The body is about 99.9% rust free. there is a very little beginnings of rust under the jeep on the rockers, which I will be addressing in the next few weeks. there is one rust spot on the passengers side rear floorboard about the size of a nickel that is rusted through so that will be getting fixed and then it is time to do some major underbody coating, I want to prevent rust like it was aids.

on the drive home I found that the tires need balanced, at least I hope that is all it is... at about 60-65 mph it feels like the right front is oval shaped.

The front doors window switches are peculiar, the black pieces will pop off in your hands, and the lock and unlock on switch doesn't fully lock the doors, it tries but doesn't get the job done. Manually the buttons are a little hard to push. I think I read somewhere that this is something to do with the keyless entry receiver... I didn't get a fob as apparently it had worn out long ago and was never replaced. I also think that I read that that was what this odd little thing here was.

Which brings us to one of the downsides of the jeep... the head liner is in less than desirable condition

Plan on re-upholstering the upper center console, and also redoing the headliner. I know it doesn't affect the function or performance but it will bother me.

The seats are stained to high heavens, but I think I may be able to address a lot of that with cleaners and whatnot, one of the first things I ever purchased when I started driving was a haynes detailing manual.

The Rims have seen better days, and will need some work or possible even replacing since it seems that I can find them online rather cheap, haven't decided yet.

it also seems that the door limiting mechanism failed at some point, and I have read about this happening and knew this when I looked at the jeep, the parts to fix this aren't terribly expensive but it seemed well enough for the PO to fix it his own way...

all in all not a bad find, deal worked out well. not bad for the mileage the poor old girl has on her...

But even if the engine, tranny, or Xfer case does go I see them all the time on CL around me for less than 500; remans aren't that terribly expensive either when you compare it to having a car payment or buying a new car.

So I am tired and itching to go play around with the new toy, thinking I will start scrubbing the seats this evening to see just how bad the stains are set in...

Let me know what you think guys, good find?