First off, I found this site by googling roof racks and found exactly what I was looking for (I didn't know it at the time). Can't remember his name but he built one out of conduit. AWESOME! I patterned one very similar with a few changes. Will post pictures soon. Saved my XJ from the salvage yard (where I was working at the time) 2 years ago. Engine was, and still is knocking pretty hard. Sounds exactly like a rod bearing. That was 30,000 miles ago and the dang thing keeps on going. Knock does not get better or worse. Oil pressure holds real good @40-50psi even at idle. Wierd thing is that every 6,000 miles the #2 spark plug burns the electrode off clean. Think it's detonation but all of the other spark plugs look like new. Anyone else experienced anything like this? '94 Sport 4.0 HO. I've owned 7 other 4bys in my life ('69CJ5, '74 FJ40, '78 F250, '94 Ranger, '68 Scout, '96 Sururban, '91 F350 diesel crew cab) and without a doubt this little Jeep is my favorite. And the least expensive (200) I've ever owned. Look forward to talking to XJ owners in the future. Thanks, Jim