Thread: A discussion on leaf springs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    07Negative is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: A discussion on leaf springs

I'm a little stubborn in this kinda situation. And I'll admit. Some times hypocritical. But I hate it when a business builds up so freakin big and then sales out to a company I have no respect for.
    I know this is totally deviating from the original topic.
    But I've owned 2 businesses in my short life span. I've worked for small business. I like things small business. Yes minus the facts behind the economics of corporations.
    But I like that place you call up and it's that same ****in dude you've been talking to for years. Like Zack at Rusty's. I know some of their gear sucks. But my complaints are far and few.
    I ran a great 3.5" lift on my first XJ in 2002. It was either RE or Rancho or Ranchero. Whatever you call em. But RE was the one to go with.
    Now I'm going on a far out tangent. But I don't have ingenuity skills I wish I had, like many folks do. So I rely alot on someone else for them. Which is why I don't mind dropping stupid amounts of coin on certain items.
    What I've grown to learn from many car projects, is trial and error. In the process of it all. Try and make it the least expensive as one can. Which is what makes forums potentially so freakin awesome. Some knuckle head has already made a similar if not the same mistake.
    I try to give my best and honest opinion on certain products I've experienced for my purpose. So hopefully someone can apply that objective opinion to their own application.
    I'm probably going to replace bushings and throw some keepers on. It's the least expensive and practical thing to do. If I'm not satisfied. I think I'm going to try a set of Clayton leaf packs. Deavers are not for me. And if ever in a pinch. Rusty's have really never given me issues. I have 220K miles on a 99' jeep that gets used more than a hooker on International Blvd in East Oakland. So I really can't complain or be dissatisfied with my out comes. I'm just going through a different ideology with my Jeep and I'm very difficult and don't know what I want exactly b/c I haven't had it yet.
    I hope my rambling makes sense.
    Last edited by 07Negative; 02-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.