The only experience i have with my vehicles was with my xj at the Houston 1960 store a few years ago. Took it in to have them look at the front end (death wobble), put on the stainless brake hoses, something else i can't remember. I had asked them to replace the front hard brake lines since they were quite rusty and they were doing the stainless hoses anyway. I was told they don't do that. Went to grab some lunch and came back to find out they broke the passengers side hard line and now had to replace it at cost.

In my opinion, 4 wheel parts does good work... but it costs an arm and a leg. I got a quote way back when i was looking at lifting my xj. They quoted me over 3,000. I had to buy the lift through them, had to also buy a sye and driveshaft, and labor was astronomical.

So, much like Jims experience the work they did began bad but turned out good. For me, its not that a business makes a mistake. Yes, they are mere humans and we make mistakes. It all comes down to how they handle the correction of said mistake.