Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What impact does your XJ have on your life?

Default What impact does your XJ have on your life?

What impact does your XJ have on your life?

Mine's been out of commission for about a week. It's already been putting a damper on my normal activities.

Went camping the other day and we had to hump to the campsite instead of jeepin it.

Haven't been able to go mountain biking. Bike doesn't fit in the car.

I'm supposed to be out doing my usual 4-8 mile trail jog before work right now, but to get there I've gotta drive about 2 miles of fire roads and that's not practical in a Honda Accord. So instead I'm on here and eating pizza and buffalo wings.

Gotta fix the tranny and get things back to normal.

Default Re: What impact does your XJ have on your life?

Mine takes up lots of time and money, but hey, what is money for?
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Just Emety Every Pocket
    Last edited by OrangeXJ; 01-01-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

My XJ has an impact on others' lives... Because of my XJ I have caused a few folks I work with to pick up either XJ's or other Jeep models.. pretty funny actually!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Haha I'm starting to think that I might need to pick up another one as a back up. A TJ unlimited would be sweet.

I've actually thought about picking up a TJ to have as a DD and only drive my XJ to the trails on every once in a while to work.. I love my XJ... but don't want to kill it on the road... would rather have fun with it offroad!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

@702: So let me get this straight, your jeep broke so you hiked to the camp site, presumably the route you would drive. Please hurry and fix the jeep, then go take pics of it taking the same route. That would be awesome rock crawling!!

Ok I'm done playing. If didn't have my Xj I wouldn't have some of the friends I have now. I've met and wheeled with a bunch of guys from this site. Also made a friend "down under" (Cantab27 a.ka. Wayne). My son loves to wheel so we spend lots of time together with the jeep, now we're getting him his own so we can really wheel together. All around I think the Xj has been a "blessing" in my life. ( 'nuff said, gonna choke up now.)

98 Cherokee Sport,
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5172

Some big gnarly rock crawler thingy.
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16616

My offroad Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...75944179170166

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

you need a hug ray...........
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

XJ is my DD and all around trusted friend. I am hoping my MJ becomes as trusted as the XJ then I will have something to haul larger items in without going to fill up so often. My pickup is a big Z71 and drinks gas like it was water.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

I got my first XJ in June of 2011, so I am still fairly new to driving it. Before I had a 97 Dodge Ram 1500. It was a truck so I was happy with it because it was a truck and I am a truck guy. But it was horrible on gas (at best I got 11mpg), so I was forced to drive my wife's 06 Corolla back and forth to work most of the time (32mpg) but it didn't really bother me that much. Besides it was mainly stock except it a Flowmaster 40 that dumped behind the cab. Know that I own the XJ it really gets to me when I can't drive it. My wife keeps reminding me the more I drive the Corolla the more we can save money so that I will be able do some of the things I have been wanting to do with the XJ (so many possibilities I love it), and eventually since I have a one year old and another baby on the way this June she is going to want to trade her car for something bigger than the XJ for her to drive anyway. For now though since I do not drive it unless we go out as a family ( I plan so many family outings because of this that my wife gets annoyed) I clean it somehow at least once a week. I feel if I do not do something with it at least once a week it is as bad as if I was to not let my dog get exercise once a day. So even though I miss a work horse (truck) hell would freeze over before I would give up the XJ!!
    I wish my lawn was Emo, cause then it would cut itself

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Lizard keeps me off the bike in weather my wife would rather I don't ride in (she keeps trying to make me old ) ) now that I'm taking care of fixing it up for our camping trips I'm spending money like the banks might fail tomorrow (Oh wait, that is a possibility these days ) Soon I will be getting some more parts so I can finally get the customized steering box installed, the ps hoses replaced and the engine rear seal replaced. Then I won't have anything but the air to put new seals in. At that point it will Bumpers and Bigger Lift time.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Yep.. It is truly and addiction Lizard.. I've got the lift height I want.. just have a few other items that I want to hit up to get it to where I want it... not done, but where I want it.. LOL.. I love my XJ and as much as I look at trucks that I really want, I still haven't let the XJ go.. not sure that I really can or want too!! LOL..

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

I'm just blessed to have a wife that lets me have my toys. Having Lizard is the fullfillment of a desire since highschool but back then speed was the need and the job. Now I can go anywhere I see a trail that beacons for exploration and I am a happy jeeper with a long way to go to get the heap where I want it. The real fun is in designing what I want for it and then fabricating it and once I get the pesky mechanicals up to snuff the FUN will really begin and I am getting close to that goal.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

About the only impact on my life caused by the XJ .... is that I have to think twice about where I go shopping for parts.

Other than that ... it does everything I expect of it ... and a bit more besides sometimes.

ohhhhhh ... I do have to listen to the usual drivel about what a piece of fuel sucking, poorly built, piece of crap, yank tank, it is .... from mates still driving the "traditionally approved", 4x4 brands down here ....

... but they is all soooo wrong ... except about the poor build quality ... since we have been spoilt by the japanese car industry, over the decades ...

Probably tho ... I would still have a TJ .... if the longer wheelbase models had been available here.

Keeps me broke, drives me crazy, keeps me sane, keeps me day dreaming, keeps me motivated.
    Just Empty Every Pocket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast