Thread: My KJ flat fenders

Default My KJ flat fenders

Nice work! I did the same thing for my KJ 'cause the plastic sucks when going up against a tree! Like you I had very little fab experience, but just went for it! Now that I have added an XJ to the stable I can see another set being made next summer!!

Here's the ones I put on the KJ:

Rears that I am working on now in between working on the V8/C4/BW1354 swap into it:

Rears will be two piece, with one piece attached to the door and the other to the body/wheel well

Yours look real sharp!! I'll have to bookmark this thread and follow it closely!

Two thumbs up!
    '91 XJ, 4.0, A340, 242, 4" Iron Rock Off Road LA lift, 33x12.50/15 Wild Country MTX, DnD bumpers, Bushwacker cut out flares, Baja RS seats, Pioneer Stereo, LED headlights
    '02 KJ, 347SBF V8, manual valve bodied C4, BW1354, Mr. Gasket ratchet shifter, Custom dash w/Autometer gauges, Custom 6" IFS Lift, 285/75-16's, Cut out fenders with custom steel flat fenders, custom roof rack, sliders, skids, hooks, Hi-Lift, Lights

Default Re: My tube flare

I've really gotta make a set of these. The floppy rubber kick plate things that I screwed to my stock flares look like poo. The bolt on idea that KJWildman posted is a good way to do them too.

Default Re: My tube flare

Hey KJ, once you build a set for that XJ, you can feel free to ship them to me for modeling and testing.. LOL.. Seriously, those flares look good, and I like how you build them to be removable if needed.. I don't have any fab experience, and think if I was going to take on any project to work on learning, it would be something that wouldn't be a safety issues like flares, or a bumper or something.. Will definitely be watching this thread for any inputs you guys make on building tube flares.. I want to build a set one day for my XJ.. or pay someone if I can't manage to build them myself..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

I like those flat flares!! Almost looks like a friggen JK but with no frame so that makes it of course...better

Default Re: My KJ flat fenders

Those look great. Something i hate about the new vehicles is all the hoaky plastic bubble fender flares

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

That's some nice work Larry. Can't wait to see the finished rear in pics.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Very good

How the heck did I miss this thread? Great work and I would like to see more on the rear set with the underlying framework.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Didn't realize so many would be interested in these here since it's a KJ! I originally was just posting to tell someone else I liked how they did theirs on their XJ too! Yes I can just unbolt them when I need to to touch up the paint. I installed rivnuts ( or some call them nutzerts ) in the fenders and then use stainless bolts. I'll dig up some more pics if y'all want to see more of the fab process. I'm not sure I can ( or will) give exact measurements because I plan on making more and offering these up for sale to the KJ crowd. I'm active on several forums and there is a growing market for Liberty mods, particularly roof racks and rails, fenders and front and rear bumpers. There are countless shops who make things for our XJs and Wranglers but NOBODY does stuff for the KJ, so I also made my own bolt on full roof rack that replaces the stock factory rails. I plan on making a rack similar to that one for my XJ also. I probably be working on some of these steel flat fenders for the XJ too come next summer. It's kinda hard to do right now since I just moved and have no garage at the moment! As any of you who have done major projects know, sometimes things don't always go as planned so come Springtime I plan on getting back to the V8 swap in the Libby first, then the rest of these projects come after.
    Thanks for the interest! I'll dig up some more pics!!
    Last edited by KJWildman; 12-31-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    '91 XJ, 4.0, A340, 242, 4" Iron Rock Off Road LA lift, 33x12.50/15 Wild Country MTX, DnD bumpers, Bushwacker cut out flares, Baja RS seats, Pioneer Stereo, LED headlights
    '02 KJ, 347SBF V8, manual valve bodied C4, BW1354, Mr. Gasket ratchet shifter, Custom dash w/Autometer gauges, Custom 6" IFS Lift, 285/75-16's, Cut out fenders with custom steel flat fenders, custom roof rack, sliders, skids, hooks, Hi-Lift, Lights

Yes please do so.

Contrary to popular believe, there are XJ guys that are into first gen libbys too! I've never owned one. They ain't cheap enough yet

I'd love to see more pics of them. I think it's a very viable option for us XJ guys with a few tweeks for the different bodies.

I just picked up my first Libby I bought it wrecked for 900 I'm now 1200 in it an I have a nice one it gets great gas mileage I'm thinking of keeping it a Lil before I sen it through the dealer auction but she's kinda growing on us
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Frame rake time
    Attached Images Attached Images