Thread: My KJ flat fenders

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: My KJ flat fenders

Didn't realize so many would be interested in these here since it's a KJ! I originally was just posting to tell someone else I liked how they did theirs on their XJ too! Yes I can just unbolt them when I need to to touch up the paint. I installed rivnuts ( or some call them nutzerts ) in the fenders and then use stainless bolts. I'll dig up some more pics if y'all want to see more of the fab process. I'm not sure I can ( or will) give exact measurements because I plan on making more and offering these up for sale to the KJ crowd. I'm active on several forums and there is a growing market for Liberty mods, particularly roof racks and rails, fenders and front and rear bumpers. There are countless shops who make things for our XJs and Wranglers but NOBODY does stuff for the KJ, so I also made my own bolt on full roof rack that replaces the stock factory rails. I plan on making a rack similar to that one for my XJ also. I probably be working on some of these steel flat fenders for the XJ too come next summer. It's kinda hard to do right now since I just moved and have no garage at the moment! As any of you who have done major projects know, sometimes things don't always go as planned so come Springtime I plan on getting back to the V8 swap in the Libby first, then the rest of these projects come after.
    Thanks for the interest! I'll dig up some more pics!!
    Last edited by KJWildman; 12-31-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    '91 XJ, 4.0, A340, 242, 4" Iron Rock Off Road LA lift, 33x12.50/15 Wild Country MTX, DnD bumpers, Bushwacker cut out flares, Baja RS seats, Pioneer Stereo, LED headlights
    '02 KJ, 347SBF V8, manual valve bodied C4, BW1354, Mr. Gasket ratchet shifter, Custom dash w/Autometer gauges, Custom 6" IFS Lift, 285/75-16's, Cut out fenders with custom steel flat fenders, custom roof rack, sliders, skids, hooks, Hi-Lift, Lights