Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on Catalytic Converters...mine is done for

Default Re: Opinions on Catalytic Converters...mine is done for

Yeah I'll probably try the fowlers trick and see how that works...I don't see how it couldn't, but I'll post pics and stuff, i'll do it this weekend.

My obd1 jeep has no cat, and has NO "check engine" light on. I didnt even use the foulers on mine. Just yanked the cat and put in a straight pipe. And yes the light does work.

I've done the anti-fouler trick and it worked on my application. it kept the light off till the car was inspected. New Texas Laws to transfer title it must passed obd inspection if never inspected in that county. Long term i have no clue the car became a srt4 clone so all parts were used from a donor.
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

when I got da lizard there was a nearly new looking cat under there. When it decided to start rattling, (I almost sure it had nothing to do with me smacking it all over with a 3lb dead blow hammer) I pulled it, took it apart, emptied it and put it back together. Now it looks like I have a cat but in reality it's more of a resonator chamber. When they checked the emissions for me, it was good to go for Arkansas.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 12-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

I remember when catalytic converters first came out. No one liked them. We felt that the federal government was again sticking their nose further up our butts. Around 1984 I had a 1982 Z28 that was loosing power. After asking around several people said it was probably the catalytic converter getting clogged from using leaded gas. (I think that's right). I hated the damn thing and they were 300 or more back then.

I took a log 3/4" steel pipe and made quick work of all that honey comb stuff. I think I was spewing honeycomb for the next two weeks out the back end.

Now days you can get a catalytic converter for 100 so it's less of a deal to me.

There is a RECALL on 1996 XJ catalytic converters for the rattle and a PCM flash. I had mine done about a month ago with 183k miles and they also replaced the O2 sensor that they broke trying to get it out. Go to the owners area of the Jeep site and you can enter your vin to see if your rig is (was) eligible.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123