Thread: Your XJ Maintenance vs Your Other Vehicles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Your XJ Maintenance vs Your Other Vehicles

My XJ maintenance is def. way better and easier than my other vehicle. My XJ I change the oil usually twice a year, just due to being deployed for almost half the year. Other than that I really don't have too much issue.. I have had to replace the CPS once since owning it.. Other than that I only have replaced the thermostat in hopes it would take care of the lack of heat issue.. come to find out just needed a good flush in the end..

My wife's 04' Ram on the other hand.. gets the oil changed every 3k miles, and spark plugs changed every other or third oil change.. Has had both front and rear diff covers and seals replaced, as well as the rear posi unit... The Ram gets all services taken care of at the dealership... not at all by my choice.. But for an engine that has 8cyl, 16 spark plugs it takes a bit of money and upkeep!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Default Re: Your XJ Maintenance vs Your Other Vehicles

Well with my fleet i don't want to keep track

The xj keeps getting upgrades, and when the wife fusses I tell her I can't have a 4wheeler at the same price

As far as the others

84 Porsche 944 chevy lt1 swap = money pit on hold for now
    67 Sunbeam Alpine = starting restoration (been collecting parts for 10 years)
    61 Ford Galaxe = Parked and waiting for free time (needs motor to start with)
    1997 Dodge Neon = I'll be tearing up the streets this winter (i miss turbo's on cold weather)
    2005 Jeep Liberty = Daily Driver / Bus stop beater
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!