I cant believe about the heim joint either, that statement came from RE, every year or so due to wear. One thing to mention that just came to me last night. While trying to hunt down the steering noise I noticed that my axle was shifting while turning with the jeep stationary. I then looked and saw my Control arm bushings were toast, the uppers. Now what came to me last night is that with the axle shifting its pushing and pulling on the heim joint at the frame/unibody mount. This would cause premature wear and may make it rub in places it normally wouldnt if everything was tight. I ordered bushings today, and I have a replacement Heim coming so we will see what happens.

Although as I mentioned when posting and researching the issue I found others that had noise from it as well. But they may also have had worn bushings or issues they may not have known about causing it.

Just wanted to put it out there.

Still I am dissapointed that I am going to have to do a 30 dollar maintenance on it about once a year.. not that much broken down annually, but thats not the point.