Well, after an absolutely brutal month of trucking so far, I've come to a couple of conclusions. 1. The only thing dumber than a truck driver is a truck owner. I'm both. My big truck has tried in every way to commit suicide this month. It's just been one of those months. Trucking would be a great gig if it wasn't for the customers, the driving, or the equipment! And 2. IT'S TIME TO GET BACK GOING ON MY JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to get the wheels and tires bought and in my possession before the lift goes on. That way, I KNOW I'll get what I want. My question is how much backspacing is needed?

I'm doing a 3" RC lift and may use spacers and the shackle relocation brackets to go up a touch more next year. I want to run 31"X10.5" tires. The Rough Country site says use 4.5" back spacing on the wheels. I was thinking 4" of back spacing, on 15 X 8 D-Windows. When I asked RC on the phone about going with 4", he said I needed to stay close to 4.5 so as not to rub anything.

Was he thinking my wheels would be closer with 4"? Am I thinking wrong? Would 4" be any problem? I'm thinking I'd like to go a little wide so that I can later go up in lift height and tire size. I thought the 4" would place the wheels further out and therefore be LESS prone to rub anything. Or should I just do what RC recommends on their site and do 4.5" of spacing?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to quitting buying expensive tractor/trailer parts and go back to buying XJ parts. It's a lot more fun.

Oh, and I'd be interested in seeing pics (of course, I'd like to see XJ pics!) of 4" and 4.5" spaced wheels for comparison, if 'ya got 'em.