Hello CobraMarty! thank you for join us..

Yeah I'm done this pre-project but still in lab tests (not in car).
I have used the cobalt code, but my design is slightly different for original cobalt's concept.
Cobalt use this code to some things more capable to identify gears as a sensors and my idea is use some other cool arduino like parts to solve some problems...
Cobalt don't show his pcboard project, only the undone code, but I do a learn in his logic and adapt the original concept to my application (with magnetic relays and solid state relays havliable in market to do more simple and lower the cost). Cobalt show me this solution on resistors to cancel the CEL trouble in other reply above.

I'm still in other development for XJ jeep here in brazil (not envolved in electronic, my country are very very retard with the suspension and aftermarket parts like aluminium radiator and high flow pumps and we needed it so much).

This system cam do:

- Show what gear you are in MT or At mode in display
- Switch the MT and AT system on fly
- Up and down the gears and show what are you are
- Lock the lockup system

The relays without a arduino and logical intelligence can do all of this but can't sense the gear with the AT mode on... The arduino is a simple and powerfull real time processor to do this things whitout trouble, but I need some help wit logical to adapt this code to my design...

If you can help and like the project come joint us! It's a interessant and different way to do this, thank you