Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally My XJ has arrived!!!!!

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Finally!!!!!

215s were stock... really surprised it still has those. I am currently running 235s and had 30s on mine with no problem, but my suspension is not as saggy as yours.

Looks like a good looking rig though, glad you finally got it. Good luck with that mud hole though...
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

To be perfectly honest again, and in addition to the mpg issue, I don't really think I have any business going any more serious than 2 or 3 inches and 30 or 31 inch tires. My "wheeling" experience thus far only includes stock 3/4 and 1-ton trucks here on the ranch. In those cases, it's operational and simply trying NOT to get stuck and trying NOT to create ruts and tear the ground up.

I kind of think I need to 1)get used to driving something smaller and lighter, 2) learn to wheel on a smaller set up first, so that I don't end up getting just far enough in that nobody can get me out, 3) learn to NOT tear up the Jeep, and 4) learn a lot more ABOUT my XJ before I go doing some really serous stuff both to it and in it.

Maybe it's just my cautious nature, but I want this to be fun. Learning new stuff is fun. Even more fun if it's not learned by tearing up expensive stuff I don't know how to use yet or accidentally not being as safe as possible.

Default Re: Finally!!!!!

I did things a bit different. The first thing I wheeled was a 85 shortbed chevy truck I built. Had 10" of lift 38" tires on 1 ton axles. Pushed by a nasty big block. Destroyed tons and tons of parts, but got to learn how to do trail fixes real good. Plus I was young, and VERY dumb at the time.

Default Re: Finally My XJ has arrived!!!!!

Nice Jeep.
    You will be surprised from the things you will be able to do with 2" and 235s
    I know I was :-)

Glad to hear that you finally got your XJ in hand!! It is a way different feel for driving that is for sure.. I got mine lifted a little over 7" and am running 33's and it still feels like driving a go-cart of crack... so trust me you run like 4.5" with 32's and you will still love it just as much as you do now... you'll just be able to do even more with it than you can now... And above all other comments.. welcome to the GREEN XJ CLUB!!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Ahh, this is what I like to see!

And so it begins, carrying on the tradition! This, this right here is the "Jeep thing" others just don't get.
    By Paddletrucker
    The little 207K mile 4.0 started right up, idled smoothly, and ran like a Taliban Jihadist with a SEAL team on his taill!!
    [/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12