Thread: Back in a XJ. Let the build begin!

Default Back in a XJ. Let the build begin!

well picked this up friday afternoon and went straight to down south off road to test. It needs a few changes but overall a solid jeep. Its a 91 2dr. lifted 9" on RE long arm. Its riding on new 35" maxxis bighorns and the rear is locked up. Plans include lowering it 2", putting 33's on it, locker in front and a rollcage for my crazy ass.........lol

Default Re: Back in a xj. let the build begin

Well 33's and 6/7" lift will be the more sensible route. Those 35's look nice though.

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

You might want to think about an Exo skeleton with an internal roll bar/saftey harness attachement set up. You already have a good front bumper setup so all you need are sliders to use for the other attachement points. You could do a no holes in the roof setup that way.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

i dislike exo cages

Sweet lookng rig. where did you get it from?
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Back in a XJ. Let the build begin

well then, you don't need to think long about it just thought I'd throw that idea out there, cause some do like the body protection part of them. I personally am going with a double tube internal bar setup with shoulder harness tube, and will figure out the rest of my cage later on. You have a great start for sure.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Jeep is looking good, I would drop it down the 2" but keep the 35's and just do lots of stiffening.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Yeah I would def. keep the 35's and drop it down the 2".. I had a friend that I was stationed with in Germany who had a 6.5" lift kit on his 01' XJ, and was running 35's, just fine... so if you keep it at roughly 7" of lift you should be able to run 35's, with some minor trimming, to keep room to flex..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Default Re: Back in a XJ. Let the build begin!

imma keep em but not run em much. ill break IMO. i have a heavy foot

Eh.. if you have a heavy foot, you could very easily break stuff running smaller tires as well..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Nice rig, love the hood and it appears as it you have done some testing out with it, I personally would lower it and do the 33's that high and 35's is way to top heavy for me. Oh lastly if your gonna street it at all I would consider a selectable locker for the front, mabey I missed it but I dont see a vac pod on the front axle.
    Aint got no whistle, don't belch out smoke, but my V10 aint no joke !!!