I don't like to get political on forums, it usually has no good result. that said, I will say that we need to add referendum to our current federal elections. each of your points could then be added to a ballot and see a vote.

there was a writer whose name I cannot remember who wrote that his fears were the inverse of Orwell's 1984. that rather than information being stifled it would be flooded and the general public would be unable to parse the pertinent from the deluge. Examples of this can be seen on AM sports talk radio stations, celebrity gossip tabloids and many other places; the average american has no idea who their congressman, senator or local rep is but is able to name sports statistics and celebrity factoids in endless fashion.

I will add that there are two integral links that have been broken down in america that at one time insured the proper function of society. First is education, a man with an abundance of information and no way to process it is no better off than a man without the information in the first place. The second link is by far the most contreversial topic in America, and I would venture to say that the vast majority of contreversy looms in the shadows of and the periphery of religion.
Whether or not you believe in God, there is argument to be made that it was the so called "freedom from religion" that coincides quite nicely with the data that shows increases in crime rates as well as decreases in "desireable" behavior patterns.
I won't offer a sermon here, but I think anyone would be hard pressed to follow the logical conclusion history and data and say that religion has not had a significant bearing.

I will also entertain any challenges to this in the proper forum if need be rather than here.