UGH ........Just removed the fuel pump inside the tank,AGAIN! the sock was still on,although a bit crookd. The little rubber boot which does almost nuthing but padding at the very very bottom,is rollingaround bottom of the tank,I tried fishing it out but I couldnt get it. It fell of the First time i put the pump in,did just fine without it. .........BUT- I notice....the tiny gas line that connects the PUMP up to the metal line then goes out of the tank......was slid up & the hose was barely even finger tight on the pump. DuNno what this would cause.....but it couldnt be good. I FAILED to tighten that tiny hose clamp up before putting the pump assymbly back in the tank. best lessons learned,are the hardest! Perhaps this is the cause of my not getting enough fuel to the engine? hmm Hoping so. I will know in a few hours. / On a good note, the bottom of teh tank looks pretty clean. Use a flashlight. didnt see anything on teh bottom,side from th little rubber knob piece thats unretreivable. .ah,back to my project~