I had a Cobra WXST in my Dodge Ram 4x4 mounted under the dash the same way as ExtremeXJ; just the connector for the mic sticking out of the lower center console. Easy to disconnect and hide from would be thieves. Also, like 2000XJ I mounted an external speaker for it up high next to my left ear (I need that anyway since my right ear has nerve damage from 9/11.)

Like an idiot I gave the whole set-up minus the external speaker to the guy who swaped me titles on my current 2000 XJ. That is why I am selling 2 Midland CBs in the classified section (and on Craig's List) to offset getting either another Cobra WXST or a Midland 75-822. They are both compact, both have 40 channels plus weather channels (I have come to really like that feature). The Midland 75-822 is a little more versatile though because it can be used as a walkabout handheld with it's own antenna, (great if you are going hiking!!) but can still be plugged in to your XJ as just a handset and plugged into a full sized CB antenna on your Jeep. There are good deals on e-Bay for the Midland model right now.