View Poll Results: Which Jeep would you choose

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decisions Decisions

Default Re: Decisions Decisions

Not to keen on the 4 banger in the Yj,but I would pick it over the Grand Cherokee.Grand Cherokee's are a cheaper made Xj,lots of little problems that add up to alot of frustration&extra money out of your pocket.You could always swap in a 4.0L in the Yj later!Get some pics so we can see both of them.

I saw flip a coin... i use to have a 1991 YJ with 31" and 3 " body lift and yeah I know it dont flex much but I just did trail riding and it was a very strong 4 banger and I got out of alot of hole that others cant... but the GC is nice also as you can look forward in buliding it up and at least you keep dry so the choice is yours.... you cant go wrong... A Jeep is a Jeep, As long as they have Jeep writing on it you know their goin to last a long time... (if you take care of it)

But whatever you get I want photos!!
    You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!

as a DD...GC, the ride and the reving of the 4 cylinder if you have to run on the highway will grow old real fast. Want to pass someone you will need a good run at them. Voice of experience here. Off road it was a great learning tool as you dont have the power to do stuff. So you drive smart.
    But as a DD...no thank you, I will take the GC.
    I can't go where?? RRiiggghhhtt...

You already have the XJ as an off road toy. You need a DD. Sorry, but a 4 cylinder YJ is not the best DD to have. We can start with theft, you cannot leave anything of value in a YJ. I know all about this as I had a TJ for 10 years. Next is the space (or lack of) in the interior. Forget about hauling more than three people and extra gear. The Grand will be more comfortable all around ride wise, and if you are going to have to drive it in cold weather, snow, or rain. I know there are many out there who do it, but I will wager that everyone of those people will be grateful the day they can make the YJ their second vehicle.

I vote get the Grand as a DD. Then after a few repairs (read upgrades) are made to it, get a trailer and pull the XJ to the trail. All the while knowing the YJ you just passed on the highway could have been you.
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12