Thread: Junkyard Parts List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Junkyard Parts List

I would like to add a rear axel to the list. Mopar b body rear 8.75 from 68 and 69 is about an inch wider then a stock xj. The 67's might be right on as far as I can remember. Do some research. They are a sturdy diff. You have to do some welding, but you have to weld all but stock xj rears. Disc brake setups are not expensive. You only have to buy a bracket to mount stock gm parts. I have used these rears in higher horsepower cars without problems for years. I,m putting one in my xj. They are as common to mopar as the 9 in. is to ford. They were used in many cars and trucks from the 60's up. If you want more beef and dont need a 60 you can use a Mopar 9.25. They have a bigger center section like the 60 so that might be a problem for clearance. Posi units are not too expensive (yet). You might be able to shave and skid it (I was never conserned with ground clearance). I had one in a Ramcharger 440 4 speed and on 35's and beat the crap out of and never had a problem. They came in a bunch of cars and trucks from the mid 70's up.
    Last edited by 89xjxs; 02-13-2014 at 06:48 PM.