Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rugged ridge steering

Default Re: rugged ridge steering

I've had the Rugged Ridge system for about 2 years now (Feb/2012). A couple of weeks ago, I was plowing, the linkage came loose. Fortunately, I was in my driveway, so not a problem. In any case, the initial installation instructions did not have replacement parts listed, for each specific application (model of Jeep). I did some digging and found what I thought were the correct part numbers to replace the Tie Rod link and passenger side Tie Rod (with the Drag link connection). I ordered those part numbers on Amazon, which noted that they were the correct parts for a XJ. Much to my surprise they were not. I contacted Rugged Ridge, after digging some more, and they finally sent me a graphic of the parts and the part numbers. While researching the part numbers I also came across mention of this problem that this kit does have problems of coming lose. I just ordered the Currie system. Despite the fact that is close to 500 vs. the 280 that I paid for the Rugged Ridge kit.

Better Safe than sorry !

The Currie system is pure beef... I know several guys who run it, I've seen it in action, and seen it take abuse the RR one would explode under.
    You will definitely be impressed, and will love the peace of mind that you will soon have one of the strongest steering systems available for the Jeep.
    5" lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
    Built Not Bought - Senior Member
    TheVoiceofJosh.com/

Sorry to hear about your having problems with the RR system.. I've been doing some research on them, and saw that a few folks have had similar issues with them... I know you'll love the Currie, just sucks for the amount needed for it...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

At least I can return the replacement part back to Amazon. So no harm there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12