Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Booger Build!!

Default The Booger Build!!

My wife hates driving my Jeep, and would rather not ride in it if she can help it.. She doesn't like feeling like she is sitting down low like she does compared to her Ram (for now anyways). Anyways thought I would do this thread to keep track of it from Day 1 as it progresses through life.

Sorry the pics are so huge... I thought I had resized them...

Day One

Day Two (Tried to use back to black on the faded flares and molding)

Day Three (Didn't like the outcome, so I removed the side molding and painted the flares with Krylon Fusion)

Last Years Snow

Right before I left

Last edited by bluedragon436; 11-08-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Default Re: James' Booger

time for a lift with all that snow fall nice xj looks clean with the painted flares

Yeah.... that was why I was hoping I could get all the needed pieces to have it installed before this winter... hopefully this year wont' see the same snow fall..

Swapped my exhaust out last night.. I installed Rusty's 2.5" Flowmaster 40series cat back. These are the only two videos I have right now, and I will try and get another better video from behind when I first start it up.

[ame="http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/?action=view&current=MVI_2156.mp4][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/th_MVI_2156.jpg[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/?action=view&current=MVI_2160.mp4][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/th_MVI_2160.jpg[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket[/ame]
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 11-13-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Soundin good so far there James
    Shot of Whiskey and a camp fire. Perfect night time

Yeah... I am very pleased with it... The clicking sound in the second video is the handles for the foot locker I have in the back with all of my tools and such in it... didn't realize it was actually making noises until I listened to the video.. The only thing I need to do now is, I think I might need to replace my battery... since I got back it doesn't like to start right away like it did before I left... it almost didn't start the first time I tried to start it when I got home.... it started just fine before I left... after I drive it, like if I hit the gas station, it starts just fine..

Here is the second startup... I will try and get a better lower angle video today..
    [ame="http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/?action=view&current=MVI_2151.mp4][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/th_MVI_2151.jpg[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/?action=view&current=MVI_2155.mp4][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/bluedragon436/XJ/th_MVI_2155.jpg[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket[/ame]

Hard to compare without a video of the sound prior. Cameras can make the sound louder that it really it. To me it sounds very loud, not glass pack loud, but loud.

It has a good tone to it. So was shipping from Rusty's as much as the muffler?

as much as the muffler, or as much as the full exhaust?? LOL... Well before was completely quiet... it was stock... well minus the aftermarket holes... it actually isn't too bad... will try and dig out my db meter this coming week/weekend and see what it is...

Here is some pics of my 2.5" Rusty's cat-back exhaust setup with a Flowmaster 40series (both installed and before), that can be heard above.

Got my Rough Country TC drop kit on its way (will get pics of it as soon as it arrives), as well as got a good deal on a set of sway bar disconnects (something I wasn't going to worry about just yet, but got a kick a deal, so couldn't pass them up)..

Exhaust sounds great James.
    Shot of Whiskey and a camp fire. Perfect night time

Thanks.. I really like it... got a small sound trying to figure out if it is one of the clamps being loose or if it is just the echoing of the sound through the piping and muffler... will be going out and tightening the clamps up a bit tomorrow...

If ya can have it welded so you dont get hung up on the clamps..
    You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!

OH yeah... definately the plan.. I just want to wait until after I hit my inspection in June to make sure it isn't too loud... I am pretty sure it will be fine.. but want to make sure while I can still easily replace it...

Well just returned from spending some time back home due to a death in the family.. While @ home though I managed to do some deals with a few friends and a local shop... my Jeep has changed just a little bit.. What do you think??

I need to either purchase some adj. control arms, control arm drop brackets, or long arms to center my front axle.. or push it back forward rather... I ended up with 6" of lift, and am running 33x12.50.15 Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain tires... was an awesome ride home... and got to stop by and meet up with Dalton4x4 on the way home... was a great time for sure..

There are a few other items I need to pick up in the near future like SYE, a drop pitman arm and some better gears... on top of the armor that I already was wanting anyways..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast