1995 Cherokee Sport, 4x4, 4.0L, AW4. White, No Sunroof, Tinted Windows, lets just say it has 225/75/15s on it. <- In case someone gets smart and tries to act like my local parts stores.

So a couple months back, after getting out of a trail, my jeep began to have some issues.

First up was a bad misfire that turned out to be a loose distributor, apparently found that one too late after it had done some damage.

My exhaust manifold apparently couldnt take the stress of all that heat of unburned fuel being burned in the manifold and clogged my cat.

Cut the cat out and replaced with a test pipe, changed the manifold and did a tune up.

Ever since the distributor problem, I have been dealing with a strange starting issue, sometimes starting hard, sometimes flooding, and sometimes firing right up.

I can turn the key on a couple times and it seems to fire right up after the third turn of the key. Sometimes, when i forgot and dont do it, and it starts hard but after turning over for a few minutes, it runs rough, rpms drop down to 3-400 and goes up and down. After this, I can turn the key off, turnaround and start it right back up, starts and runs like nothing happened.
When it is running, its runs great, lots of power, slight misfire(not a hesitation or bucking though)

Finally, I am sick of it being unreliable and am going to see if I can troubleshoot my problem, with some input from XJTalk of course.

Like I said, I have done the tune up, waiting on a fuel pressure gauge to check my fuel pressures.

I just pulled some codes, 21 (02 Stays center) showed up TWICE when I pulled the codes. 51(02 Lean) also showed up, ok, obiously a bad oxygen sensor. The other one that had me concerned was 11 (No Crank Reference during Cranking)

So I have a bad crank sensor too? Strange, thats all three things I need for combustion, spark, fuel, and air.

Anybody have any insight?