The local club I'm in (SiS Offroad) went to Rausch Creek for three days of wheeling, and with the intention of having participants bring supplies to make care packages for troops overseas. From my house to Rausch is 230-something miles- I figured I'd have to gas up at least once, but made it all the way there on three-quarters of a tank.

Pre-OER pic:

About 5 rigs met in Fairfield, CT and convoyed down to Rausch Thursday afternoon. We had to stop twice because my transmission decided to piss fluid onto my downpipe, but it happened after hard stop and go traffic, so we attributed it to the tranny being overfull, fashioned up a baffle to keep the fluid from dripping onto the downpipe, and kept going.

People showed up all through the night, ending with about twelve to fifteen rigs by Friday morning, with another four or so showing up before we set out to wheel. People split into three/four groups based on trail difficulty- as this was my first time down there and really the first serious wheeling I've done, I started in the easy group.

The group right before setting out:

First shot of the day:

No pics, but my upper radiator hose developed a pinhole above the clamp on the thermostat housing on the Pole Line, so I cut it an inch shorter and remounted it. Forgot to let the system burp itself and minor overheating plagued me throughout the rest of Friday.

Got to play on the Comp Course a bit: