Thread: Additional Car Alarm Functions

Default Additional Car Alarm Functions

I have a problem. It's not a big problem, just one of those "I'd like to do something with this, but I can't think of a thing to do..." problem.

I have a nice remote start alarm system installed on my Jeep. It does your basic car alarm stuff, but it also has several features, like remote start, driver paging (you tap on the windshield), temperature sensor (auto engine start based on cold temps), 2 stage motion detection (inside and outside the vehicle!)...

Now here's my problem. I have 3 more DO SOMETHING functions. Basically I hit a couple of buttons on the remote and I can turn something on, turn something off. I can turn it off/on and leave it that way. I can turn it off/on and it stays that way until the key is in the RUN position. I can turn it off/on for 1 second to 2 minutes, or anywhere in between.

So far I have thought of turning on the headlights for 30 seconds, or some time value up to 2 minutes. Boring...

I thought about rolling up the windows, but it would kind of suck not knowing if the windows were really rolled up or not, plus trying to roll windows up that were already up for 30 seconds! Oh come to think of it rolling all the windows up might be a bit of a challenge since they are 4 separate circuits!

I thought about setting one of them up to disable to fuel pump, distributor coil, or starter. That would be pretty cool if you saw someone driving away in your Jeep, you hit a couple of buttons and your Jeep comes to a full stop! "Hmmm kind of sounds like BAIT CAR doesn't it? )

I guess I could have it honk the horn, kind of boring. If it was an air horn that would be more exciting!

I could even have it activate the winch, but I'm concerned damage to the winch, or someone in the wrong place at the right time might get hurt.

I could even have the alarm system activate a video surveillance system, but that would be more a reaction to the motion detector than the remote functions.

So now you understand better my problem! Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do with these 3 extra remote functions?

Default Re: Additional Car Alarm Functions

have it turn on the KC's if it goes off that will get you pulled over fast cops love that
    i know my spelling and grammer are bad but dont worry its not getting any better

Default Re: Additional Car Alarm Functions

I like the winch idea. Remote control is the hot new thing in winch controls lately. Could be handy.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff