Thread: Tire Size and Lift Height

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Tire Size and Lift Height

It's really gonna come down to flex. With around 4" lift you should clear those tires for street use and even if you needed to trim it would be minimal on the bottom of the front flares. Now flexing is another story. I do believe you'll be rubbing with that combination if your flexing decently. Although the main area for contact is the front lower flare/fender and is easily trimmed should you decide it's worth it and I suggest it. The bumper covers most of that portion anyway. For the bs I don't have a ton of knowledge on but can say I had 15x8 with 3.75" bs on 31x10.50s that was well clear of the control arms. It does make it a bit wide for the height and may make it contact the flare easier but if you ever plan to go higher and keep the same wheels I would stick with it so you can fit a 12.5 no problem. Although if you want to stay with the same setup the 4.5" bs should work fine and may fit the tire in the well better. You can see my rig back when I had the 31s on 15x8 3.75" bs, and it's on the Rubicon Express 4.5" superflex kit. Which did come out higher as is just how it is with Rubicon, 5" front, 5.5" rear. It flexed well enough I had to trim a good bit for full flex, even with the 31x10.50s. And you could always bumpstop, but that would be at a premium sacrifice of uptravel.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.
    Last edited by XJ Wheeler; 07-17-2017 at 09:27 PM.