Thread: So there is a car in my favorite mud hole...

Default So there is a car in my favorite mud hole...

Long story short me and a few friends went wheelin yesterday on a local trail we often go to. Ussauly there is nothing going on in that area as it's a good mile in any direction to a road/house. We have never seen anyone else down there so its a great place to wheel, yesterday as we were going down into a mud hole we stumbled upon a burnt out BMW in the middle of the mud. Now I've seen my far share of abandon cars out in the woods before but this one is a little diffrent. It wasn't there about a week ago when I went down the same trail and it still appears to have plates on it. The exp tags were either removed or burnt in the fire.
    Should we report the car? More then likely it's stolen, or do we just leave it? If we report it I feel our spot will be ruined, but at the same time I don't think it's right to just let it sit.

Another note there are about 12 cars on this trail that are in similar condition, but they have always been their since I first started wheelin here 5 years ago. Including a few cars that were pushed into the old quary out there. I'll try to get more pictures of them for you guys.

Best picture I have of it, didn't feel like walking through mud.

Default Re: So there is a car in my favorite mud hole...

This is one of those situations that is a PITA for law enforcement. The local place to drop stolen vehicles. You should report it to the authorities first with as much info as you can give them. Then you can offer to pull it out for them as a gesture of good will.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Default Re: So there is a car in my favorite mud hole...

We had te same issues at a place I used to wheel, one vehicle was from Ohio. People will usually pay someone to take the car and then dump it so they can claim it on the insurance and get it payed off. Every vehicle I find I report to the police with pictures and GPS locations. Remember if this was a pay and dump then your insurance premiums will go up as well, especially if people think they can get away with it.

Oh and I have never been yelled at or ticked by the police for reporting a vehicle, even if it is a location I am not supposed to be in. They figure your doing a service so they will not tag you this time.