Thread: Home Security Camera System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Home Security Camera System

Game Cameras like some hunters put in trees and etc for wild game. Make really nice home protection can be mounted anywhere. And most are Camo and hard to see. I caught a guy stealing Gas from my truck clear enough to prove who he was and what he was up too. I held him for the law and when they came they said they liked my Glock 22 40cal S&W. But the offender did not see it that way.
    When all else fails God Listens

Like most people I've been interested in the Pan Tilt and Zoom cameras for several years, but the 500+ price tag quickly turned me away. I was looking for some Zoneminder information (the security software I use for my cameras) today and I happened across this YouTube video. The person that posted the video mentions, that the cameras are cheap ebay from China cameras. Cheap and the clarity of the cameras made me look further.

[ame]http://youtu.be/zZaGHFDcTGk[/ame]

I was able to find a PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) camera, with 1/4" Sony CCD that supports RS-485 controls for 198. It requires a RS-485 to RS-232 adapter so it can be controlled from the Zoneminder software. You can see in the video above how Zoneminder interfaces with the PTZ camera.

I ordered a outside camera, I have a problem with putting security cameras inside my house. I think it would make the family feel funny. Frankly I'm surprised it doesn't make them feel funny when I text them messages about getting the package at the front door, but everyone seems fine with it.

The new PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) camera is in, and it is much bigger than I expected!

It's my own fault I didn't look at the measurements in the ebay ad, I just figured it was about half this size.

Everything looks to be very high quality though. I'll be setting it up inside for testing very soon, so more to come!