Help ME!!!!

Last night I apparently got infected with a virus. "FakeAlert.KSa Anyone else had this problem? Suddenly I was getting pop up messages about being infected with a trojan, etc... bla bla bla. There was a red dot with an X in it on the taskbar also. The pic I had on the desktop was gone and the screen was blue. I went to dispaly in the control panel and found I could not change anything. I couldn't even fire up System Restore, as it was saying it had been corupted. What a pain in the D**K!!!

I was up till 1:00am trying to get rid of this. Finally went to McAfee"s website today and found a discussion about this. They didn't say where/how it gets into your system, but they have developed a program to get rid of it....sort of. It is one of their stinger programs especially for these fake alert trojans. It appears to have got rid of 3 of the trojans, but one C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss32.exe "cannot be repaired". The pop up's are gone, but the blue screen is still there, and I cannot change any display settings. Should I try to reboot to see if IT will go away?

This really pi**es me off since I have anti virus, and a firewall software on my computer. I had to deal several years ago with a Sober worm. I spent a WHOLE weekend dealing with that one!