Thread: My joy and sorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My joy and sorrow

The first things I did with the car after I drove it home was to take a good look under the car and in the engine bay. The motor was really dirty, and had what seemed like a small oil leak. Same with the transfer box. Also there was a small diesel leak from the #1 injector. It seemed like it came from the middle of the injector.

Small drops of motor oil between the engine and the AX15.

Small leak from the NP231J

I did a thorough clean of the car. Inside, outside and under. Except from the small leaks the car looked great and drove great. I did notice one thing though. When selecting 4H or 2L there was a strange sound when I accelerated. Like something was skipping somewhere. It was hard to place the location of the sound, but something was definitely not right. In 2H there was no sound.

My first plan was to change all the fluids on the car. Then I could also have a proper look under it. Check the driveshafts (propeller shafts?). Maybe one of the joints were the source of the funky sound? It had to be the front one, since there were no clanking sound when in 2H.

Before doing all this I decided to take the car for a proper long drive in order to get to know it, and to get a feel for the car. I filled the tank full for the trip. That’s when I noticed the car leaked diesel from the tank

Major leak from the diesel tank.

Sent from my Commodore 64
    Last edited by EtronX; 05-02-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Sent from my Commodore 64