While waiting on the rebuild kit for the transfer case, I decided to sort out the fuel problem. Out with the tank for the third time. I am getting pretty good at this now. 10 minutes and the tank is out

I took a closer look at the fuel module. It is shaped like a reservoir. I figured it is designed like that in order to be able to deliver fuel when driving uphill/downhill or on winding roads. The tank is flat at the bottom, and with less than half tank the fuel is along the edges of the tank when turning due to centrifugal forces. Up/down gravity pulls the diesel away from the pickup point. My conclusion was that the reservoir was leaking.

I don’t think the fuel module is meant to be taken apart, but it was an easy job. I filled some diesel in it and the diesel leaked out at the bottom.

I then took everything apart. In the bottom there is a small rubber one way valve. That was the source of all my gray hair. I got everything cleaned up, and put it back together. Refilled the reservoir and no leaks

Hopefully this problem is now fixed once and for all

Sent from my Commodore 64