Thread: My joy and sorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My joy and sorrow

First things first. The leak from the tank had to be sorted. There was also a small problem when the tank was under half. Going uphill for a while the car would die. Basically run out of fuel. Then I had to vent at the diesel filter and pump some 150-200 times to get the diesel back into the filter. Next steep hill and it would stop again. This really pissed me off. I also noticed this did not happen with over half tank. This was something to ponder about.

Finally I dropped the tank and took a look. The leak was obvious. The rubber gasket around the fuel module was only half on. Half of it inside the tank. I took everything out, and thoroughly cleaned the inside of the tank. Lots of sand came out.

Put the tank back in and hooked everything up again. Then it dawned on me that I probably did not route the vent hose properly Tank out again. Routed the vent hose properly. Tank back in again. After this I could fill the tank full with no leaks. The engine still died when going uphill when under half tank

Sent from my Commodore 64
    Last edited by EtronX; 05-03-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    Sent from my Commodore 64