Questions for y'all if you have, know someone who has done it. My stock renix is puking blow by (water bottle full every 100 miles) so I got a 1996 motor from a buddy which I am going to replace: I've read how to do the swap, I will be putting just the HO block in, keeping renix head and manifolds. Basically a block swap. I pulled the 96 motor apart to go to the machine shop to freshen up so I can rebuild it. The camshaft on it looks pretty sad. I don't want to mess with doing the cam myself so this is where my question comes in. First of all I would like to keep it stock (cam), however, am willing to go with an aftermarket one in hopes of getting a little more bottom end if possible. What I do not want: having to change distributor timing, valve springs, timing chain etc..I know the 96 stock cam is 253.4/259 and am willing to go with comp cam that is 250/256. So driving home today I was thinking, will the 88 (renix) head and valve springs work just as good as the HO head would/should? I know the renix cams are single pattern and the 96 cam is dual pattern. Will the dual pattern can be fine on a renix head without having to chamge valve springs?
Thanks fellow FRoaders.