Thread: CJ's Blue 97 build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: CJ's Blue 97 build

Pinkyman : well the decision was made on sat evening after cleaning the jeep from the weekend trip to remove them, I kept everything so they may find their way back on after paint and a little modification.

Update 5.31.16

This past weekend was quite eventful. Some friends and I went to the local u-pull it and found two late model Cherokees for parts. One was the same color and thinking back, I wish I would have grabbed the header panel for future use if needed. It had the cluster I was looking for, I was concerned if the Tach. would work because it came off of a 4.0 and mine is the 2.5 however no problems what so ever and everything works great. I also have confirmed that the reason that the heat doesn't work in the xj is related to the thermostat either A) stuck open or B) was removed. The thing never gets over 150* even on the trails.

Camp that evening.

In route to the junk yard my drivers side brake caliper got stuck again so I stopped at O'rilleys and picked up a new or refurbished one. Later that day I installed it and the CB radio. Tuned it up for the evening for the trip to Ocala and it worked flawlessly. The evening was great nice cool temps at night (67* at least). The next morning we spent about 5 hours on the trails exploring and went home where the cleaning commenced and the fender rubbing was temporarily investigated. I kind of like the look however the lower areas of the jeep will be sprayed with bed liner soon for protection and the flares will most likely find their way back home.

sorry for the cell phone picture but that's the only current picture I have at the moment.

Here's a short video of how the day went.
    [ame="https://youtu.be/cGMa9a6v8DI"]https://youtu.be/cGMa9a6v8DI[/ame]

Have a good day everyone, until next time

Chris
    Last edited by Cjsmithfl; 05-31-2016 at 09:34 AM.
    97 SE converted to Sport
    4.10 gears 3" on 30's
    Bumpers/tire carrier
    Tie rod, track bar & D.L.
    Stove
    OBA
    Dual battery