The purpose of chemo is to knock off the cancer cells, but it can't differentiate the good cells from bad so it takes out white cells, red cells, and platelets (depending on the treatment) in the process. They usually can't boost white cells like platelet and red cell transfusions so you have to be very careful till they start to come back up. Infection is serious, and to be honest it probably will happen. My mom got an infection bad enough to go to the hospital almost every time she got chemo. She needs to watch her temps closely. At Md Anderson they said to come in if the temp was at or above 101.5°. And don't waste time getting there. We always had bags with a week's worth of clothes in the truck, still do actually, to not take any longer than we had too. The sooner they can get it diagnosed and the right antibiotics the better. But it's usually pretty easy to get rid of and take care of the symptoms.

I'm the same way, usually I can detach easily and it'll hit me later. But some things don't make that easy to do. Sometimes it's hard but just giving it to God and trying to leave it with Him is best. We aren't meant to hold on to things. That's why we have faith and hope. Without it, we're nothing but torn down people with nothing to look forward to.

There's a prayer I started a few years back and still say it to this day...

Dear Lord,
Help me to have faith it You, trust You and know that you are in control. That worrying does me no good. That You are there for me no matter what. That You will carry me through anything and everything. Amen.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.