I'm looking at options for a new exhaust system from the headers back. Now it seems that 99-01 the header setup utilizes 2 cats at the Y pipe from what I've seen but some for 99 don't have that setup. What I'm curious about is if the manifold was designed because of a new setup with the vehicle or if it was purely for emissions. Any of the pre 99 ones I've seen don't have 2 cats but a single O2 at the Bottom of the Y pipe, is it possible to reprogram the PCM to not see the code for the one missing or if I should just go with the factory setup.

(Not trying to blow a ton of money on this.)

If this is not possible I've seen various styles of manifold and various prices from 125-500 I added screen shots of some I'm interested in and if anyone has done this or purchased these how are the cheaper ones. I'm looking for functionality/quality not necessarily performance or styling.

Addition thoughts on bank 2 cat (high flow?) and cat back systems who's got what and likes what? Good sound, no drone, and middle of the road price.

Curious about quality on this if it's legit I will just go with the factory setup

If I can delete one cat I'd like to go with something like this

Any and all comments, questions, thoughts or down right don't do that and just get this whole system are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk