that's a tough question Chris, how big is your jeep? what tires are you running? what is its main purpose?

I personally love my stroker, even though it has not made it over 5000 kms on every rebuild! (don't ask, lets just say I have had issues!)

A relatively cheap 4.6 stroker will liven up a heavy lifted jeep, mine weighs 5000lbs and runs 33" tires with 410 gearing, its no sports car but I can at least pass on the highway and not have to drop down to 80 or 60 to climb a hill. off road its an absolute blast!!! Gas mileage is not super horrible but you will definitely notice it!

if your are stock and just need a new motor the 4.0L has lots of power, but if you want to roast the tires off your stocker, or are planning on going big soon, the stroker is a great option.

reading your post it says you don't have the high output, even getting a newer high output to put in would be a nice upgrade if you are stock.

I know this does not really answer your question, give us more info and we can advise further.

Pook