Never did a write up before so if there are still questions after just hit me up...
To start here are pictures of the materials I purchased for the vent. Grill-O-Sheets for the mesh

and door edge molding from any local autopart store.

In this picture it will show the cut-out locations... I did try to make the center line and the top line run parallel to the center line and in the upper edge of the hood as well...

After I laid out my masking tape I measured and drew out my two triangles... then I measured 1 1/2 from the top outer points and drew a line down and measured 3" up from the bottom points and drew a straight line out... I basically just cut the points off... then I took my Roto-zip with metal cut-off wheel attachment and went to work cutting out the shapes...
after grinding down the edges and priming the bare metal I put the door edge molding on... then from under the hood I put the mesh material up against the hood and cut it down a little... After scuffing, priming and painting the mesh I secured them to the hood with black silicone and masking tape to hold them up overnight.

The next morning I pulled off the tape and there was my finished homemade hood vents...

it was pretty easy, just a little scary making the first cut but overall it can be done in just a few hours... Obviously you can also come up with your own shapes and designs... and if it concerns you, drip pans should be a piece of cake to make if you got this far... Hope this helps....