Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tightening quealing serpentine belt question.

Default Re: Tightening quealing serpentine belt question.

Yes they do! It's also standard dimension rubber hose. Makes replacement easy. Keep an eye on the heater diverter valve plumbed in with the heater hoses. They tend crack and leak. Dirt cheap to replace.

Sent from my potato by Tapatalk.
    The Little Red Wagon in the theme of Overland Adventure Vehicle. Grab an empty seat and ride along here : http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19655

Good to know! They look pretty fresh if I remember correctly but I tend to get my mental image of this xj mixed up with my previous, much cleaner one that I totalled back in September. This one is a bit of a mystery so far. I'll give that a look tomorrow for familiarity's sake.

Be glad it is a Chrysler product. Ford 5.0L of the same era is a nightmare to tighten the AC belt. You need hands and fingers with extra joints to pull it off on a Crown Vicky
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Yikes! Yeah, gotta say Chrysler didn't do too bad with the XJ. Just wish they'd used better wiring. Though I'll admit, mystery window can be fun when I've got passengers (will it open? Nobody knows!). The looks of confusion are priceless.

Lol! All my stuff still mostly works. Windows are a little slow, my power locks are finicky at best.

The Little Red Wagon in the theme of Overland Adventure Vehicle. Grab an empty seat and ride along here : http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=19655

Oh the windows still work. Just sometimes they only open from the drivers side and it really frustrates passengers (it worked yesterday!). It's probably the window lock button but I enjoy messing with people too much to fix it. Plus it makes for an excellent designated driver vehicle thanks to that

My drivers side rear door, you have to cycle the unlock button, attempt to open the door, then cycle the unlock button again, then the door will open. It gets entertaining at times. The driver front door, the rivets fell apart that hold the lock solenoid in place. That door is manual lock only. Prevents me from calling AAA!

See, your Jeep's just trying to help you 😂

It also tried to help itself to my fingers..... Note to self, e-fan can start at any time with or with engine running, but key on.....

Yeah. I sliced a finger on the other fan and it wasn't even moving. Those suckers are vicious

Has yours tried to cook you for dinner yet? When my heater diverter valve let go, I swear it giggled. I guess it wasn't happy about me refilling the overflow jug with distilled water instead of wine...

Not yet, but I'm just now getting into this so I'm sure my day will come. Closest I've come to getting cooked is when I couldn't use my AC a few weeks ago. Gotta love Texas

My A/C works when it wants too. I live in the Pacific Northwest, I need the heater more than the A/C... My '87 2dr gave me a coronary. Brake pedal, straight to the floor at 60mph.... I cooked the brake shoes with the Coward lever....

Hey, at least it didn't wind up totalled. I'd give any number of brake shoes to have my old jeep back. It's sad to see one hauled off to the salvage yard. Trying to fix up an old mommy mobile xj now so I can sell it for enough to get a 4wd version. Fun fact: kids are the best and perhaps the only way to truly destroy an xj

I drove the '87 out of a hole on it's side. I think I angered the main bearing gods that day. I hurt it alottle. It came from the usnps, so it was pretty beat to begin with. Tough old bird. The cylinder walls had scores so big you park a greyhound bus in them. She served me well for a couple years before someone bought it just for the shell and drivetrain. That same XJ also tried to flame broil me.... Short in the trans harness. Flame on at 55!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast