My wife had similar issues during her pregnancy. She was put on limited activity early in the pregnancy, then had to go three times each week for fetal stress tests. At about 34 weeks she was admitted and stayed in the hospital because her blood pressure was way too high (around 200 over something at one point). She was given steroids to ensure the baby's lungs were developed, and there were several times when we anticipated an emergency C-section. An amnio was done at 36 weeks - on my birthday - to make sure the lungs were developed. A C-section was done the following day, and my daughter was small - 5lbs 10 ounces, 17 inches - but she was healthy and was discharged from the hospital before my wife! My daughter is now five and is a normal, healthy, active kid that tests our patience on a regular basis.

Believe me, I know it is terrifying when you think about all the bad things that can happen - I was a wreck during the last few months of the pregnancy - but know that having a premature baby is no longer as high of risk as it once was. Between the advancements made in medicine and help from above, I'm sure your wife and child will be just fine.