OK,sorry, i guess I posted this in the wrong section earlier. Here we go again.
My 97 has a charging issue. The 6 year old optima went bad (i think) so I replace it and also replaced the battery tray so I could go with a 34 group battery. Drove it around, everything seems great. Next day…..totally dead.Voltmeter says 13.3 v engine running….hmmm. So I charge the battery and drive on over to the local O'reilly where I had them test the battery and alternator. Test says…battery good/ low charge, alt good. So i figure maybe it's the battery temp sensor, so I remove the battery and tray and low and behold the BTS wire had gotten under the tray and smashed a bit. I buy a new one and install and re-install the fully charged battery,put the VM on and read 13.9v at the battery engine off, 13.9 engine running…turn on all accessories…13.2v….damn. I also checked for AC current, .02 or so. It should be putting out more than 13.2 with accessories on? This model is voltage regulated at the computer. There are no other electrical symptoms other than seemingly low alt output. Belt tight,no squeals,good connections,no corrosion,no broken wire that I can see. Anyone know how to determine if the problem lies in the computer?
Thanks in advance.