Thread: 4lo

Default 4lo

tired crawling a stump today in my 2000 tj in 4lo driver side front tire never turned others did tho is this normal? thanks

Default Re: 4lo

Most likely down to that wheel having more traction than the other 3, and the diffs where behaving as they should, sending power through to least resistance.

^ What he said...Was going to comment the same thing, but couldn't find the thread after I clicked on it and something went stupid... lol
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Thanks guys I was thinking the same just curious what y'all thought

Honestly I think it's broken, and you should just go ahead and ship it on down to me in DE for disposal in my driveway!! Nah, seems like all is working as designed and you're good to go and enjoy climbing up on other items...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Yep, the front end of all cherokees came with an "open diff". Meaning the two wheels are not locked together so they turn at different speeds depending on need. Like in a turn, the inside tire covers less distance so technically needs to be getting less power. The good thing is it sounds like you have a limited slip in the rear if both wheels were spinning as it was optional.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.