Well, yesterday, I drove my XJ to town. About 5 miles each way. It hasn't been off the place in a while. I've been doing a lot of over the road driving and my beloved green jeep has been neglected. Today, it will not start. No clicks. No nothing. Everything comes on. Battery I'd charged fully. Well.....almost everything. The headlights will not come on.

Another weird new phenomenon is that the stupid El cheapo alarm wouldn't turn off. I thought the key fob was bad. Since I've always hated the stupid thing. I did an "alarmectomy" this morning to see if that would help anything. No change, but lots less wires and no more stupid mid '90's dumbass alarm. Still no change. Won't start. Won't do anything.

I can't figure what changed from yesterday. I don't know if the headlights worked yesterday. I doubt it. I chased a mouse out of the back seat. could he have modified my jeeps wiring. It's already ugly and hacked into, it looks like. The alarm didn't look like a professional job. Not with the black tape splices and a few other dead give aways like bread ties used in place of zip ties for wire retention.

Oh, for posterity, here is the alarm, post op.

One of those crazy ones that only alert if you open a door, or if it's in a "mood" and you happen to be driving down the highway.