Thread: The Challenge Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Challenge Build

James,

Thanks for the answer and sorry I haven't been on in quite a while. It's surely been a busy month for the Xj-Jake household.

The thing that really turned me on to this truck is that the dealer didn't really know what they had. The photos they had showed a gigantically gay exhaust tip which was the first clue to me that someone had deleted it. When we showed up and I looked under the hood I found out that it in fact was fully deleted with parts from Sinister. The cooler is gone, crossover tube is gone, all DPF and NOX filters are gone and it's straight piped 5" turbo back.

Surprisingly enough its really not that loud and pulling the jeep up to Gilbert and back last weekend we AVERAGED 18.6 mph with the jeep on a 20' trailer, rough estimate at around 8500 lbs. I bought the truck with a touch over 124k for miles for 22,500

Default Re: The Challenge Build

I have been VERY LAZY in updating this thread, I almost threw up a little bit when I saw it on the second page. Tony sent me a very nice email to thank me for my continued support of the forum, only to realize I hadn't even logged in for a year. Oh the huge manatee. Well the jeep has been wheeled for the last 2 summers nearly as seen in the last update. I'll throw some pictures and videos up for you to examine. Glad to be back and please ask questions if needed!