Alright guys, I've been thinking lately what I can do with my xj to make it more trail worthy, but seeing as how it's my DD I'm kinda limited..

But.. My idea is this:
You ready?! Drumroll!!!!!!!

Coilovers on only 3-4 inches of lift!!
Now I've seen coilovers done on extremely modified trail rigs and Buggies and the likes, running 40s and such, but I was wondering if it was possible to do it while also keeping it semi stock looking besides the little bit of lift?

I'll probably run no bigger than a 30-31 inch tire, and I want a bit more flex and articulation but also good on road comfort. I'm thinking maybe like a 12-14 inch coilover with maybe 3-5 inches of up travel. I have the means of fabing up some towers for the support I'm sure I'd need, and I don't mind cutting a bit as long as I can do it within like a weekend or a few days and be able to take it on the road very soon afterwards. And I know this probably takes a lot of planning, but that's fine, I'm in no rush I want things done right!

If anyone could give some input I'd really appreciate it, this idea is gonna bug the hell out of me till I figure whether it's doable or not!!