changed "I" to "him"

Taking his sweet time showering using up all the hot water, cleaned and motivated to search and explore more. Water off, dried off, suit uped. He begins to scavenge through drawers finding nothing useful, just curious searching is what it really is. Onto the kitchen. Looks like they made dinner and put it in the fridge. BBQ chicken. Smells ok. He helps himself, puts it in the microwave, eats and doesn’t bother to cleanup. Onto the garage.

In the garage the man of the house seemed to like toys…first thing seen was tall poles with little orange flags on them. Dirt bikes and 4hweelers, a boat and a parts jeep half put together. The thought of just staying here is appealing but why? Theres so much to see and do. At the same time caution must be had and there needs to be consideration of his back, no one to aid him if he gets jacked up etc. checking fuel in all vehicles and considering one of these toys for transportation. Finding a green helmet that fits almost right and a backpack. He had put some food and tools in it, still having the pistol. Suited up and he takes a dirt bike.
A Yamaha TTR230. Pretty easy to ride. Another jug of fuel strapped to the back.
Off he goes without really planning once again. Slowly rolling down the neighborhood. No hurry to do anything really. A life of exploration and adventure seems like a dream come true to him. All the while he knows he needs to get more west before winter, he doesn’t want to be somewhere cold when electricity shuts off on me. Taking mental notes for things as far as transportation, gas, electricity.

Dirt bikes and 4wheelers don’t need keys, and older cars can be rigged to start off a switch, granted it runs. He wonders how long gas can sit in tanks, maybe a year or 2 without fresh or stabilizer. There is stabilizer in every store almost. The goal is to stay uninjured and make it west yet explore what can be explored. Thoughts are robbing him of peace, “what will you do when you find a permanent place to stay?” Day by day he will tell himself, “how will i live, alone, with no purpose?”.

Onto a main road west, wide open throttle..yet only 45mph-ish. Thinking to himself he may do anything but not everything is smart or profitable. A small dirtbike is not a good idea. Its out of gas after awhile. Dumping the extra jug of fuel into it that he had on the back. Knowing this also will be spent he spies a new car lot in the large city of Grand Junction. “Nice city but not for me to dwell” he tells himself. An overwhelming feeling of Christmas as he strolls down a main road. Seeing many car lots. Old, used, new etc. outlet stores and dept. stores…the same smile crosses his ugly face. A grin more like.

All the world is under the Christmas tree so it seems, Ford, Chevy, Dodge car lots down the road. One dealership had a turbo diesel swapped jeep brand new, but telling himself “diesel in the cold will not like me, nor can I get diesel anywhere.” While pondering on it he spots a black jeep wrangler, not liking like the color black but who cares jeep Rubicon, brand new, with one of those dealership installed lift kits and mall crawler rims on it. Something out on a magazine cover, would be a fortune but without checking the price tag because it doesn’t matter anymore. Seeing the apple of his eye, he sarcasticly snorts “Il Take It! How Much?! FREEEE!” as he ghost rides the dirt bike into the dealership doors whether unlocked or not. Crashing through with a loud crash of glass, the bike stopping as it collides into a cubicle where once people sat and put themselves in bondage to a loan they will never pay.

Strolling into the busted glass doors and fancy lobby. He gets this childish fever of “dealerships have scammed me before, lets set this one on fire maybe, after I wreck some things. First things first. Finding the key box, its locked, so he fires off a round, pistol blows off the tiny lock on it. Going through keys, hitting buttons to find the right jeep. Found it after a few. Just like all dealerships.. “freaking empty on gas. Great. Oh well I’ll fill it up…free of charge”. It starts though has a little bit left in it. He mumbles “Boy this thing is really nice. Super clean and smells good. Locking difs and fresh tires, oil.” A super smile is painted on his face.

Pull up to the doors. He puts his bag in it with snacks and some tools he grabbed from the last house. Using some like a hammer and pry bar. The onslaught of decommissioning TVs and monitors hits at a rapid rate. “I hate TV. I’ll take a hammer to the first one then I’ll get creative.” He takes a fire extinguisher and throws it through the air at a large wall mounted TV. It cracks and falls to the floor off the wall with a loud thud. With the few victims of equip he goes on a frenzy smashing all the office glass in all sorts of ways. Throwing chairs and tables, the place is a mess, a total heap of glass and broken desks and chairs.

The rest of the gas in the dirt bike he puts in the jeep. After spilling some…on a stack of paper on desk. Fire it is. The place smokes up quickly. Running out, hops in the jeep with the tools. Heading off down the street looking for a gas station. Finding one and knowing how to start the machine. The childish man goes in to the register hit the right buttons and fill up…with premium.

Onto the outdoor store that was passed on the dirtbike. A fishing/hunting store full of goodies. Parking outback. They have landscaping blocks in the front lawn as you walk up the store. Hulking up all his strength he heaves one up and chucks it into the main glass door. His eyes quickly scan all walls and rack and is in awe at all the great wonderful free stuff. “What do I grab first. What do I need? What should I take?”

A tackle box full of gear, a very high end fishing pole and extra string. Durable hunting clothing, flashlights, batteries, and nice boots and extra socks. Loads that up. Onto the guns….breaking all the windows seems to get tiring on the spine, needing need a 12g shotgun or a heavy caliber pistol he moves to the back. Theres a cable lock on all the rifles. Pistols are all in glass cases with locks. No big deal. A hammer breaks the glass easy. Bolt cutters that were found there in the back cuts the cable. He takes a user friendly Remington 700 tactical with the fancy 10rd mag mod. A Mossberg 500 shotgun. And he leaves the 9mm ruger pistol behind once he sets his eyes on a 1911…his eyes lit up when he sees it. Blued with tactical fittings. Says Wilson Combat on it. “Boy I hit the jack pot” he says.
Theres a case with surefire lights in it. He finds one of those xs300 pistol lights. Fits perfect on the 1911. He finds a nice comfortable outside hip holster. He takes all different kinds of ammo with him. Dream jeep, fueled up. Loaded it up with beef jerky, ammo, guns and GPS, fishing gear, A tent and accessories to explore.

“Now what?” he tells myself. “Not sure” his mind fumbles out. About 3pm now. After a snack and an energy drink hes drunk with excitement to do whatever he want to do, at the same time everyone is gone, he will lose his mind being alone.