Thread: Melted header

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Melted header

Nice quote from APR on Amazon : This heavy duty manifold is engineered to solve the cracking problems inherent on the OE style Jeep manifolds.

But, just FYI, I looked a bit further and found this under Questions and Answers :

Don't think there is a Warranty. To ensure it last a long time replace the motor mounts at the same time.
    Cheryl A. answered on October 30, 2013

No I don't think there's a warranty. But so far so good, no complaints here!
    LRC3 answered on October 30, 2013

They replaced mine after a year at no cost. The have a warranty but you have to pay shipping for the new one to you and the old one back to them. They didn't charge me because they had to send 3 of them before I got a good replacement. They waived the shipping for the trouble. There is no warranty for labor, FYI.

Also, under product reviews :
    I always get the bad ones I guess :-(
    By LPfromNJ on March 31, 2013
    Purchased this manifold over a year ago after trying different cheaper replacements. My motor mounts were causing stress to my other manifolds so I replaced them with solid mounts when installing this APN. The welds looked pretty shotty when I got it. I was skeptical but I needed to replace the cracked one I had. I had no time to wait for a replacement. The gasket that came with it barely lined up with the port holes and the mounting holes weren't even close on most of them. I wound up purchasing a Felpro which lined up nicely. Once the manifold was in, it ran great, nice and quiet. After about a year, the welds split in multiple places and the collector gasket supplied is now also leaking. And the motor mounts are still in like new shape, the motor doesn't move when the accelerator is applied. Looks like I'm going to need another one. If it didn't leak again, it would have been perfect. HA!

LPfromNJ answered on October 31, 2013
    Last edited by slvmart; 07-22-2014 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added additional info